Car falls off cliff near Vietnam-China border, nine killed
Investigation on the car accident is underway on suspicion of a human trafficking case.
Nine passengers carrying Vietnamese IDs were killed in a fatal road accident in Jingxi City of China's Guangxi early morning on May 19, according to the Consulate General of Vietnam in China’s Nanning City.
|The photo shows the scene of the car crash. Photo: Global Times|
A total of 11 people were reported dead after a car fell off the cliff and crashed. The location of the accident is a few kilometers from the Vietnam-China border. The car is designed to carry only seven passengers.
After being informed of the case, the Vietnamese Consulate General in Nanning contacted local authorities to clarify the information about the victims and proceed with necessary measures to protect their rights.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has collaborated with Vietnamese authorities to confirm the victims' identities and will soon inform the families and relevant localities about the incident.
The Consular Department and the Vietnamese Consulate General are closely observing the situation and working with both Vietnamese and Chinese agencies to implement necessary precautions for the safety of citizens.
Furthermore, they are providing aid to the victims' families in managing the required procedures.
The China-daily paper Global Times reported that Chinese authorities are investigating the case, suspecting the victims are related to human trafficking.
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 28, 2023
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 27, 2023
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 26, 2023
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 25, 2023
- India Adani eyes US$3 billion seaport project in Vietnam
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 24, 2023
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 23, 2023
- Vietnam gives priority to comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia: Party chief
- Vietnamese Gov’t under pressure to realize 6.5% GDP growth target
- Vietnam News Highlights for May 22, 2023
E-visa expiry should be in 60-90 days: Lawmakers
Vietnam News Highlights for May 28, 2023
Diversified cultural activities for children to take place in June
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options
European Film Festival 2023 opens in Hanoi
Nguyen The Son reveals his Decade of Exposure
Reformed artist Minh Hai: Proud when father and son play the role of Uncle Ho