Embassy of India marks 70th anniversary of India Constitution adoption
The Constitution of India was adopted on November 26, 1949 and came into effect from January 26, 1950 when India became a sovereign republic.
The Embassy of India in Hanoi has celebrated the Constitution Day of India at the embassy to commemorate the 70th years of adoption of the Constitution of India by the Constituent Assembly.
|Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)|
The event marked the attendance of the Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Pranay Verma, officials and staff of the embassy, representatives of the Vietnam Institute of Indian and Southwest Asian Studies under the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, and the Vietnam-India Friendship Association, among others.
The Constitution of India was adopted on November 26, 1949 and came into effect from January 26, 1950 when India became a sovereign republic. In 2015, the Government of India announced to commemorate this day every year as the Constitution Day to pay tribute to the members of the Constituent Assembly for their seminal role in the framing of the Indian Constitution.
In his remark, Ambassador Pranay Verma highlighted the importance of the Constitution in India’s development journey as an independent country and its transformation into a strong and modern nation.
He also recalled the sacrifices and determination of the founding fathers of India as well as their hard work in drafting the longest constitution of an independent nation.
At the event, the screening of two documentaries on the Indian Constitution “Making of Indian Constitution”, and “Spirit of Freedom” also helped visitors gain an insight of the founding, the development of a country as well as the significant role of the Indian Constitution to the nation and people of India. A photo exhibition on the Indian Constitution throughout the history was also held on this occasion.
A similar event to celebrate the Constitution Day was also organized by the Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City.
- President of the French Senate opens new headquarters of the French Institute in Vietnam
- President Phuc wishes for further investment from Korean conglomerates
- South Korea, Vietnam ready to boost tech cooperation
- President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
- Australia supports carbon markets partnerships in Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Typical model for conservation in Vietnam
- National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Australia vow to upgrade relations
- Australia, Vietnam hold 1st Defense Ministers Meeting in Hanoi
Vietnam, France to deepen strategic partnership
Hanoi eyes GRDP growth of 7% for 2023
Vietnam holds 1st International Arms Expo
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts