EU-funded project helps boost timber production
The Vietnam Administration of Forestry (VNAF) in coordination with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and People and Nature Reconciliation (PanNature) launched “Common Access to the Voluntary Partnership Agreement (VPA) Process in Laos and Vietnam” project in Hanoi on August 21.
The project, sponsored by the European Commission (EC) and The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), will be implemented in four years (2014-2018) with the total investment of 2.6 million Euro of which, 80% come from the EC aid and the remainder from the WWF’s counterpart funding.
The EU funded project helps the government, small and medium-sized timber processing enterprises (SMEs), civil social organisations (CSOs) and the communities living near the forests in some provinces bordering with Laos better understand and comply with the EU’s timber regulations.
VNAF Deputy Director General Nguyen Ba Ngai said that within the framework of Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Programme (EU FAO FLEGT Programme), Vietnam has officially negotiated with the EU on VPA project from November, 2010.
The launch of the project will contribute to improve capacity of concerned parties in the process of VPA negotiations between Vietnam and the EU which are expected for completion by the end of this year, Ngai added. The VPA/FLEGT is the trade agreement between the Vietnamese Government and the EU to iron out snags production and exports of timber products to the EU market.
- Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
- New businesses formation hits record high in H1
- Media outlets and businesses form strong bond in difficult times: Experts
- Vietnam's GDP in 2Q hits decade-high
- Vietnam to draft national action plan for circular economy adaptation
- Vietnam's e-government procurement system set to launch in August
- Global providers’ expansion plans make Hanoi coworking supply rise
- Vietnamese Goods and Gastronomy Week underway in the UK
- Vietnam c.bank reportedly sells over US$10 billion from FX reserves
- Vietnam – Germany, dynamic duo for energy transition: GIZ
Vietnam to draft national action plan for circular economy adaptation
Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism