Hanoi accelerates local Russian project
The construction of the Moscow House in Hanoi will be a milestone in developing relations between Russia and Vietnam.
Hanoi wants to speed up the construction of the Moscow House in the city, Deputy Mayor Nguyen Manh Quyen said on May 16.
|Hanoi vice mayor Nguyen Manh Quyen (second from the right) and Russian banking executive I.O Gordeeva at a meeting on May 16. Photo: Tu Anh/The Hanoi Times
The city's authorities have chosen the location of the building, he said at a meeting with a Russian delegation headed by banking executive I.O. Gordeeva.
As a building for foreign affairs and business purposes, the city has asked the Prime Minister for permission to hand over the implementation of the project to the Russian side, the deputy chairman added.
"We will provide the best conditions to support the project," Quyen said, asking the Russian side to finalize the design so the project can be inaugurated after the plan is approved.
The city's Department of Foreign Affairs will work with Moscow authorities to implement the project, Quyen said.
Russian banking executive I.O. Gordeeva said she appreciated Hanoi's cooperation in the project and looked forward to further support in obtaining the permit.
He said the meeting with Vice Chairman Quyen in Hanoi would help the two sides better implement the project and create a milestone in the relations between the two capitals and the two nations.
The two officials shared that Vietnam and Russia have enjoyed a close partnership and friendship and hoped that the construction of the Moscow House in Hanoi would further develop bilateral relations.
- Siemens interested in Hanoi's metro projects: CEO Roland Busch
- Hanoi shows strong backing for financial tower project
- VinFast builds new factory in India, reinforcing global reach
- Hanoi’s enlistment day opens
- Hanoi airport sees record international passenger traffic
- Hanoi to build a digital map system for smart tourism
- Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
- East meets West in French colonial villas
- "The Sound of Hanoi" song composition contest debuts
- Hanoi to approve capital planning for 2021-2030 in March
Hanoi creates favorable conditions for Turkish businesses
Hanoi director wins 74th Berlinale Film Award
Vietnam news in brief - February 27
Siemens interested in Hanoi's metro projects: CEO Roland Busch
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh expects more from Siemens’ local operations
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam