Hanoi hosts fair for safe farm produce
The fair will run until May 2 at Melinh Plaza shopping mall, Ha Dong District.
A fair to introduce Hanoi’s safe agricultural goods attracted 70 exhibitors, offering a wide variety of agricultural products, safe food, regional specialties, and products under the One Commune One Product (OCOP) program from localities nationwide.
|Local consumers buy products at the fair. Photo: moit.gov.vn|
This activity was held in response to the Action Month for Food Safety in 2022 with the theme “Continuing to improve the roles and responsibilities of producers, traders and consumers of farm produce in the new normal”.
In order to help enterprises in production and sale, the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade also held a matching session between manufacturers and retailers and promoted “the Vietnamese people buy Vietnamese goods” campaign.
Joining the fair, Van Long International Import-Export Investment Co., Ltd introduced specialties from the northern province of Ha Giang, including the OCOP four-star Shan Tuyet tea.
According to Nguyen Xuan Thanh, the company’s director, this is an opportunity for businesses to introduce Shan Tuyet tea to the capital consumers, and at the same time make contact with the current modern retail system for selling their products.
“We are looking forward to having more fairs for businesses from Ha Giang Province to offer local specialties to Hanoi market,” he said.
Speaking at the opening ceremony on April 26, Tran Thi Phuong Lan, Acting Director of Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, said that food safety is an issue of special importance, a major concern of Hanoi’s authorities and consumers.
Hanoi has drastically taken actions to prevent unsafe food and ensure the interests of consumers, strengthening interdisciplinary and specialized inspection and examination of food safety, Lan stated.
From 2021 through the first quarter of 2022, the city has dispatched nearly 2,000 inspection teams to check 68,598 establishments for compliance with the food safety law.
- Vietnam's top 500 largest enterprises honored
- ICRMAT 2022: Promoting innovative and breakthrough technology solutions for businesses
- Central Pharmacy - expertise is the key to building trust with customers
- An Thai Hung inks partnership agreement with Indian tradtional medicine maker
- VinFast files for US public listing
- Manulife Vietnam launches ‘Bridge the Gap’ campaign to raise awareness of insurance protection
- AkzoNobel Vietnam proudly protects Cu Lao Xanh lighthouse against harsh weather
- UK trade mission seeks opportunities to develop smart cities in Vietnam
- Hanoi’s university and VinFast cooperate to expand electric vehicle infrastructure
- Make commitment to net zero greenhouse gas emissions
Vietnam spends US$9 billion on oil imports in 2022
Hanoi makes people and businesses the center of digitalization
Tet in the eyes of foreigners in Hanoi
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy
Foreign ambassadors experience Vietnamese Tet in Duong Lam Village