Hanoi intensifies efforts to combat smuggling and trade frauds ahead of Tet holiday
Local authorities will maintain inspection works at key areas, including Noi Bai International Airport, Yen Vien train station, ports, wholesale markets and shopping malls.
Hanoi’s Steering Committee for Combating Smuggling, Commercial Fraud and Counterfeit Goods, known as Steering Committee 389, has announced its plan to intensify efforts to combat smuggling and trade frauds before, during and after the 2021 Lunar New Year holiday.
|Local authorities would maintain inspection works at key areas.|
Under the plan, the city’s Steering Committee 389 will enhance inspection works at key areas, including Noi Bai International Airport, Yen Vien train station, ports, wholesale markets, and shopping malls.
The committee is set to mobilize personnel and resources to set up checkpoints at roads, railways, airports to prevent movement of smuggled, fake and low-quality products into the country. This is particularly important for the control of banned items or items that could pose risks to public security and order during the festive period, such as drugs, weapons, firecrackers, cigarettes, petroleum products, food, wine, electronic products, cosmetics, and luxury clothes.
According to the plan, anti-smuggling and combat trade frauds efforts will focus on goods and products required for the Covid-19 fight, particularly face masks, hand sanitizers and medical protective gear.
In the coming time, the committee will promote public awareness to aid the authorities’ efforts against smuggling, trade frauds and sales of fake products.
The committee urged local agencies to step up responsibilities and take an active role in the joint-efforts during the festive periods, especially in the upcoming 13th national Party Congress.
- Hanoi Party Chief begins a five-day visit to Beijing
- Hanoi inks tourism agreement with northern provinces, cities
- Hanoi to hold capital planning conference in late September
- Amended Capital Law to govern the city-within-a-city model
- Toulouse opens new venue to display artifacts from Thang Long Citadel
- Vietbuild Hanoi International Exhibition 2023 expected to revive real estate
- Hanoi must highlight talent recruitment in the amended Capital Law: law lecturers
- Fidel’s affection for Vietnam symbolizes deep bond between two countries
- Decentralizaion on agenda for Hanoi decision makers
- Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Hanoi Mid-Autumn Festival lights create beautiful photo opportunities
Vietnam news in brief - September 25
Vietnam-Brazil relations: Gateways to regional markets
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters