[Infographic] Hanoi Party Chief voted Parliament Chairman
Vuong Dinh Hue, 64, is the 12th Chairman of the NA, which was established in 1946.
The National Assembly (NA) today [March 31] elected Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue as its new Chairman and the head of the National Election Council with endorsement of 100% of NA deputies present.
|The newly elected Chairman of National Assembly takes the oath of office. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
Hue later took the oath of office and pledged full allegiance to the motherland, people and constitution of Vietnam, while vowing to work hard to fulfill the duties entrusted by the Party, State and people.
He succeeds Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, 66, the first woman elected to hold the top legislator position in the country's history five years ago, after the NA relieved her duty on Tuesday.
Hue, 64, is the 12th Chairman of the NA, which was established in 1946. He currently holds the title of Professor in Economics. He is the second Secretary of Hà Nội Party Committee to be in this position after the incumbent Secretary-General and State President Nguyen Phu Trong.
He spent 22 years working in various positions in the University of Finance and Accounting, currently the Academy of Finance.
In July 2001, Hue was appointed as Vice State General Auditor, and five years later as State General Auditor.
From August 2011 to December 2012, Hue held the position of Minister of Finance. He headed the Party Central Committee’s Economic Commission from December 2012 to January 2016.
In April 2016, Hue was appointed as Deputy Prime Minister and from February 2020 the Politburo assigned him to be the Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee.
Hue was relieved from the position of Deputy Prime Minister by the NA in June 2020.
- President of the French Senate opens new headquarters of the French Institute in Vietnam
- President Phuc wishes for further investment from Korean conglomerates
- South Korea, Vietnam ready to boost tech cooperation
- President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
- Australia supports carbon markets partnerships in Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Typical model for conservation in Vietnam
- National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Australia vow to upgrade relations
- Australia, Vietnam hold 1st Defense Ministers Meeting in Hanoi
Vietnam, France to deepen strategic partnership
Hanoi eyes GRDP growth of 7% for 2023
Vietnam holds 1st International Arms Expo
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts