Hanoi strives to reduce urban unemployment rate to below 4%
The Hanoi Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs aims to provide vocational training for 210,000 people.
In 2020, the Hanoi Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs strives to create jobs for 156,000 people, aiming to control the urban unemployment rate at below 4%, the Government Portal reported.
The department also aims to provide vocational training for 210,000 people, striving to ensured that the proportion of trained workers reaches 70.2%.
Besides, Hanoi endeavors to eliminate poverty in the period of 2016-2020.
The municipal government urges districts and towns to provide monthly subsidies for over 192,000 people who are beneficiaries of social protection and over 2,600 people at social protection centers, and ensure that 100% of people with disabilities can access to social services.
In 2019, up to 192,000 jobs were created in Hanoi, 24.6% above the plan. The unemployment rate fell to 1.7% from 2.0% in 2018. The rate was 2.1% at urban areas, down from 2.6% in 2018, according to the Hanoi Statistics Office.
According to the General Statistics Office, young workers aged 15-24 in Vietnam are the most unemployed, accounting for 44.4% of the total jobless population nationwide in 2019.
- Hanoi eyes cooperation with UK to develop clean energy
- Folding bikes allowed on Hanoi's sky train
- Hanoi’s economy posts solid growth in first half of 2022
- Success of US$3.7-billion ring road project is Hanoi’s pride: City Party chief
- Hanoi to pilot real-time reporting system in Q3
- Hanoi Book Fair 2022 reopens after two years
- Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
- Hanoi identifies public investment central to economic recovery
- Hanoi launches action month for drug prevention and control 2022
- Vietnam moves to next development phase in combating corruption: Party chief
Vietnam to solidify macro-economic stability: PM
European businesses positive about Vietnam’s prospects for green growth
Who is the Vietnamese for whom a Paris square has just been named?
Hanoi among Top 10 cities in Southeast Asia
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half