Hanoi meets yearly target of trained workers
Trade schools trained more than 245,000 students in the first 11 months of this year, exceeding the full year's target.
Hanoi aims to bring the rate of trained workers to 72.2%, meeting the annual target, according to the municipal Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs.
|A job fair is held in Hanoi. Photo: Tran Oanh/The Hanoi Times|
Accordingly, more than 190,000 people graduated from colleges and intermediate and elementary vocational schools.
This is a good sign amid a shortage of trained workers, largely meeting the market demand.
To help them find jobs, the city will hold a conference on December 11 connecting Hanoi’s vocational schools with the labor market. The event is expected to attract about 10,000 participants, including 8,000 secondary and high school students and 2,000 students from vocational schools.
About 40 employers will join the job fair.
In another move, in the first 11 months of 2022, trade schools trained more than 245,000 students, equivalent to 109.3% of the year’s plan and representing an on-year increase of 27.9%.
Hanoi is home to 360 vocational schools, including 69 colleges, 59 vocational secondary schools, 54 job training centers, and 128 other educational establishments.
Recently, the city set a plan to train 230,000 people each year. The rate of trained workers will reach 75-80%, of which trained workers with degrees and certificates will reach 55-60% by 2025 and over 60% by 2030.
According to the plan, the proportion of workers with information technology skills will reach 80% by 2025 and 90% by 2030.
- Opening up opportunities for vocational training in Australia
- Australian and Irish teachers walk for disadvantaged Vietnamese children
- Proposals for smart transport solutions in Hanoi
- Japan supports Vietnam with integrated flood management plan
- Vietnam landmarks turn blue to celebrate World Children’s Day
- Hanoi as the heart of northern logistics and transportation
- Hanoi strengthens business-vocational training cooperation
- Conference of penitentiary managers in Asia-Pacific region upholds human values
- Amended Capital Law to make Hanoi political and economic hub of Vietnam
- Hanoi Trade Union is second most innovative nationwide
Must-visit tourist attractions in Hanoi's mountainous district
Vietnam news in brief - December 9
Greatest works of arts on display at Hanoi Museum
Hanoi to start construction of second airport in 2040
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development