Hanoi university makes it to Webometrics 800 ranking
The university ranked 183rd in Asia and 14th in Southeast Asia on the list of Webometrics that is published twice a year.
The Vietnam National University-Hanoi (VNU-HN) is ranked 758th in the latest Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, leaping 186 places from the previous list, the Cybermetrics Lab of the Spanish National Research Council announced this week.
Accordingly, the VNU-HN stood in the 183rd position in Asia and the 14th in Southeast Asia in the Webometrics list, which is published twice a year.
Students of the VNU-HN are studying in the laboratory. Photo: Minh Kien
Webometrics assesses the digitalization capacity and impact of higher education institutions’ academic resources based on the volume of the website content, the visibility and impact of their website publications, the openness of academic resources on Google Scholar, and the number of citations they received on the Scopus database.
The fact that UNV-HN has risen from 1,316th in January's ranking to 656th in terms of visibility helps expand its influence in online resources.
This year, the Hanoi university has continually recorded higher places in global and Asia university rankings, including among the top 1,000 in the QS World University Rankings and in the band of 301-350 in the Times Higher Education (THE)’s Asia University Rankings.
In this ranking, the VNU-HN is ranked 601-800 in the world, along with other Vietnamese educational institutions, including the Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ton Duc Thang University, Phenikaa University, Duy Tan University, FPT University, and National Economics University.
- Hanoi cooperates with provinces for safe fruits and farm produce supply
- Vietnamese Government urged to ban e-cigarettes
- Summer Online Safety Playground gives self-protection skills to children in Hanoi
- First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
- Bicycles contribute to green city development in Vietnam
- Vietnam needs to raise tobacco prices and taxes: WHO’s expert
- E-visa expiry should be in 60-90 days: Lawmakers
- Some 30,000 volunteers offer helping hands to clean up trash across Vietnam
- Phu Bai Int'l Airport pilots biometric passenger identification system
- Hanoi launches free health check-up program
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam News Highlights for June 3, 2023
International Yoga Day 2023 celebrated across nation
Vietnamese Government urged to ban e-cigarettes
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options