Ho Chi Minh City detects first Covid-19 patient linked to northern hotspot
The patient flew to Ho Chi Minh City on Vietnam Airlines flight VN213 that took off at Hanoi's Noi Bai Airport on January 28.
A man travelling back to Ho Chi Minh City from Covid-19 epicenter in the northern provine of Hai Duong has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Director of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health Nguyen Tan Binh confirmed the Covid-19 case on January 30.
Director of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health confirms the newly-detected Covid-19 case. Photo: Tu Trung
Mr. Binh said that the man returned from Hai Duong's Nam Sach district and is a cousin of a confirmed patient there.
The patient went to a wedding in Hai Duong together with the cousin on January 18, without wearing face masks. He later had a cough, headache and lost his sense of smell.
He flew to Ho Chi Minh City on Vietnam Airlines flight VN213 that took off at Hanoi's Noi Bai Airport on January 28.
When landing Ho Chi Minh City and learning about the latest Covid-19 outbreak in Hai Duong province, the patient reported his travel and contact history to the authorities.
He was quarantined at the District 11 Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, before being transferred to the Cu Chi field hospital once his tests returned positive.
On the VN213 flight, 27 passengers were seated close to him, including 16 from Ho Chi Minh City. Two have yet been reached by the authorities.
Ho Chi Minh City authorities have placed a hotel and a restaurant in District 11 on lockdown in connection to the man.
At the time of writing, Vietnam has registered 1,739 cases, including 180 from the current outbreak which emerged from January 28.
- Hanoi calls for economic empowerment of ethnic minority women
- All apartments across Vietnam must be undergone fire safety inspection by mid-November: PM
- Vietnam responds to World Tourism Day 2023 by spotlighting green investments
- South Korea-Vietnam Forum focuses on women’s role in peace and security
- Hanoi needs more specialized medical centers for elderly people
- Hanoi contest promotes village products
- Vietnamese wildlife conservationist wins international award
- Hanoi still needs more time to revive local rivers
- Women important in addressing plastic pollution in Vietnam
- Vietnamese schools and young eco-champions honored with ASEAN awards
Hanoi, Guangzhou ink cooperation MoU
Vietnam news in brief - September 26
Vietnam-Brazil relations: Gateways to regional markets
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting