Vietnam finds one more coronavirus-positive foreigner, toll rises to 31
Of the newest infected cases confirmed on March 6 onward, eight are British, one Irish, and one Mexican.
Vietnam on Monday reported one more foreign tourist infected with SARS-CoV-2, taking the toll of infection cases to 31.
The latest case is a British man of 49 years old. He is now under treatment in the central province of Quang Nam and in stable condition, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of 15 newest cases confirmed since on March 6, 12 people took on the same flight from London to Hanoi on March 2 and two others got infected from a Vietnamese woman who is the first case of Hanoi.
Among the newest cases found over the last few days, eight are British nationals, one Irish, and one Mexican.
Between January 23 and February 13, Vietnam reported 16 infected cases. All of them have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Vietnam experienced 22 days without new infected cases until March 6. Since then, the localities are at high alert to combat the epidemic. Authorities have quickly tracked down people who made contact with the patients and related people.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam has said that preventing, quarantining, zoning, and eradicating the epidemic become the paramount measures currently.
So far, the epidemic has reached 11 localities including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Quang Ninh, Ninh Binh, and Vinh Phuc, the central provinces of Thanh Hoa, Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, and Thua Thien-Hue, and the central city of Da Nang.
- Vietnam welcomes international cooperation in IUU fishing
- Vietnam elected to UNESCO Intergovernmental Committee
- Vietnam launches logo design contest on national digital transformation
- Vietnam listed among Russia’s most trustworthy partners in Asia-Pacific: Sergey Lavrov
- Vietnam intensifies partnership with Mekong nations
- Vietnam urges sustainable development for Mekong-Lancang Cooperation
- More remains of American soldiers in Vietnam repatriated
- Poisonous gas leak in Jordan: Five Vietnamese die
- Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
- Danish Crown Prince's visit to Vietnam promotes green solutions
Nearly one million Vietnamese students sit national graduation exam
Vietnam welcomes international cooperation in IUU fishing
Vietnam elected to UNESCO Intergovernmental Committee
Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
Vietnam intensifies partnership with Mekong nations
Hanoi approves 33 projects worth US$250 million in 2021-2025
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam