Makeshift hospital built in Bach Mai Hospital, new corona hot spot in Hanoi
The makeshift hospital is among a host of contingency plans that the hospital has prepared to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
Military forces have set up a makeshift hospital in the campus of Hanoi-based Bach Mai Hospital, which has become a serious coronavirus hot spot in the city, local media reported.
|A makeshift hospital was set up in the campus of Hanoi-based Bach Mai Hospital. Photo: Zing|
The move is among a host of contingency plans that the hospital has prepared to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic, Zing.vn quoted Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Tuan, the hospital’s director, as saying.
He added that the hospital has been under lockdown since March 28 after nurses and patients tested positive with the virus.
“We have quarantined all medical staff, doctors and patients of the hospital. The current number of people present at the hospital is about 3,500, of them 800 are patients who cannot be discharged or transferred to other hospitals and other 552 patients with end-stage renal failure that require dialysis,” Tuan said.
He added that conditions inside the hospital are still good, and the staff’s sentiment is stable. "We are determined not only to treat our patients but also to prevent the spread of infection or cross-infection in the hospital," Tuan affirmed.
The hospital’s meals are now provided by an air catering services company as the hospital’s cafeteria has been locked down and all people working there are under quarantine.
As of March 30, Bach Mai Hospital recorded 25 Covid-19 patients. Among them, 15 people are employees of Truong Sinh Company, which provides food and water for the hospital, two health workers and two patients.
- Hanoi multiplies model of high-quality traditional medicine clinics
- Hanoi hospitals adjust service charges, remain confused about new pricing rule
- Hanoi to complete four major hospitals at gateways by 2025
- First Vietnamese physician nominated for WHO Western Pacific directorship
- Vietnam holds historic meeting to protect human, animal and environmental health
- Vietnam strengthens cooperation in vaccines and biologics for disease prevention
- Hanoi students win KIYO 4i with excellent results
- Vietnam calls on Abbott to invest in pharmaceutical industry
- Another five-star hospital to be opened in Hanoi in 2025
- WHO, UNICEF support Vietnam in routine childhood immunization
Hanoi, Guangzhou ink cooperation MoU
Vietnam news in brief - September 26
Vietnam-Brazil relations: Gateways to regional markets
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting