MAR 6: Coronavirus cases in Vietnam pandemic epicenter surpasses 700
As infections remain in Hai Duong, some neighboring provinces maintain closure of non-essential services.
Hai Duong, the pandemic hotspot in Vietnam, confirmed six more cases on March 6, totaling 701 since the coronavirus resurgence in the province in late January.
|A tourist site in Ninh Binh province in off-peak time. Photo: VNExpress|
The confirmation of multiple cases has sent many parts of the locality into lockdown shortly after the first cases were detected.
Moreover, the fresh Covid-19 outbreak or the third wave in Vietnam has affected 13 cities and provinces, including Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
So far, some neighboring provinces of Hai Duong, even the localities confirming no cases like Ninh Binh and Nam Dinh have maintained the highest pandemic alert with the ban of non-essential services, which includes restaurant, cafe, bar, karaoke lounge, beer club, indoor sports like gym and yoga.
Areas in Hai Duong, where are given restriction removal, closely follow the 5K (in Vietnamese) message including masking, disinfection, distance, health declaration, and no gathering. Testing becomes massive for places accommodate a large number of workers.
As of March 6, the country’s tally is 2,501, including 1920 convalescents.
At present, more than 49,000 people are under quarantine at hospitals, in concentrated facilities, and at home.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Economic – science cooperation key pillar in Vietnam-US relations: Party chief
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world