MAR 6: Coronavirus cases in Vietnam pandemic epicenter surpasses 700
As infections remain in Hai Duong, some neighboring provinces maintain closure of non-essential services.
Hai Duong, the pandemic hotspot in Vietnam, confirmed six more cases on March 6, totaling 701 since the coronavirus resurgence in the province in late January.
|A tourist site in Ninh Binh province in off-peak time. Photo: VNExpress|
The confirmation of multiple cases has sent many parts of the locality into lockdown shortly after the first cases were detected.
Moreover, the fresh Covid-19 outbreak or the third wave in Vietnam has affected 13 cities and provinces, including Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
So far, some neighboring provinces of Hai Duong, even the localities confirming no cases like Ninh Binh and Nam Dinh have maintained the highest pandemic alert with the ban of non-essential services, which includes restaurant, cafe, bar, karaoke lounge, beer club, indoor sports like gym and yoga.
Areas in Hai Duong, where are given restriction removal, closely follow the 5K (in Vietnamese) message including masking, disinfection, distance, health declaration, and no gathering. Testing becomes massive for places accommodate a large number of workers.
As of March 6, the country’s tally is 2,501, including 1920 convalescents.
At present, more than 49,000 people are under quarantine at hospitals, in concentrated facilities, and at home.
- President Phuc wishes for further investment from Korean conglomerates
- South Korea, Vietnam ready to boost tech cooperation
- President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
- Australia supports carbon markets partnerships in Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Typical model for conservation in Vietnam
- National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Australia vow to upgrade relations
- Australia, Vietnam hold 1st Defense Ministers Meeting in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Uganda boost bilateral free trade
Promote the heritage of Thang Long Imperial Citadel in France
VinFast files for US public listing
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation