March 11: Vietnam confirms four new coronavirus-positive cases, 38 in total
All new cases confirmed on March 11 are related to those who took international flights from or with stopovers in epidemic-hit countries.
Vietnam has reported four new cases infected with the new coronavirus on March 11, taking the toll to 38, including one in Da Nang and three in the central province of Binh Thuan.
|All cases found on March 11 are related to those who took international flights|
Three cases in Binh Thuan (the 36th, 37th, and 38th) were in close contact with an infected 51-year-old woman. The woman took a return Vietnam-US flight between February 22 and March 2 with stopovers at South Korea’s Incheon airport and Qatar airport. She arrived on March 2 at Tan San Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City.
She was admitted to Binh Thuan General Hospital and quarantined for the new coronavirus tests on March 9.
Earlier today, the Ministry of Health confirmed the 35th case who is a 29-year-old woman and works for a Dien May Xanh home appliance store in the central city of Da Nang. She attended two British visitors on March 4 when they came to the store to buy SIM cards.
The two Britons tested positive with the virus on March 8.
They took Vietnam Airlines flight VN0054 that arrived in Hanoi on March 2, the same as Vietnam's 17th infected case. So far, 16 infected cases are related to people taking that flight.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world