MAY 13: Vietnam’s Danang becomes hotspot due to infection in industrial parks
Covid-19 infections have left one industrial park in Danang isolated.
Danang, the central city in Vietnam, confirmed 32 Covid-19 cases on May 13, mostly at industrial parks.
|An Don Industrial Park in Danang put on lockdown. Photo: Quang Hai/Kinhtedothi|
Some of the newly-infected cases are linked to An Don Industrial Park that was put on lockdown on May 12.
The northern provinces of Bac Giang and Bac Ninh reported 10 and 7 cases, respectively. The infections of both localities are all detected at industrial parks.
The additional infections have driven the country’s caseload to 3,710, including 684 cases since the resurgence of the virus on April 29, spanning 25 out of 63 cities and provinces.
Given rising infections at some industrial parks in Bac Ninh and Bac Giang, some surrounding provinces have imposed restrictions on the transport of workers through their localities for fear of Covid-19 infection.
The reality has troubled the daily routine and working schedules of workers in Bac Ninh. It has prompted Bac Ninh’s authorities to ask for some favor from neighboring provinces.
Bac Ninh is home to Samsung Electronics Vietnam (SEV) that employs around 40,000 workers.
Meanwhile, Hanoi has halted all crowd sports activities, including golf from May 13 until further notice.
On the day, the number of people under quarantine surged to 77,648, up 10% from the previous day.
- President of the French Senate opens new headquarters of the French Institute in Vietnam
- President Phuc wishes for further investment from Korean conglomerates
- South Korea, Vietnam ready to boost tech cooperation
- President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
- Australia supports carbon markets partnerships in Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Typical model for conservation in Vietnam
- National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Australia vow to upgrade relations
- Australia, Vietnam hold 1st Defense Ministers Meeting in Hanoi
Vietnam, France to deepen strategic partnership
Hanoi eyes GRDP growth of 7% for 2023
Vietnam holds 1st International Arms Expo
Lucia – most beloved Swedish feast opens in Hanoi
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM