MAY 8: Vietnam confirms 80 Covid-19 cases
The majority of daily infections are linked to two leading hospitals which are now put on lockdown.
Vietnam on May 8 reported 80 Covid-19 cases, the highest daily caseload since the resurgence of the coronavirus outbreak on April 29.
|Testing Covid-19 in Tu Son, Bac Ninh. Photo: MOH|
With the latest cases, Covid-19 has swept 23 cities and provinces, mostly in the north. Affected localities include big cities like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang, and Haiphong.
The newly-infected patients are linked to a confirmed Chinese expert, the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and the Vietnam National Cancer Hospital (K Hospital), both clinics in Hanoi.
Regarding K Hospital, the Ministry of Health on May 8 asked localities to list local residents who came to the clinic from April 22 to May 6.
Between April 29 and May 8, Vietnam recorded 241 locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients. Hanoi tops the localities for the number of Covid-19 infections (94) followed by Bac Ninh (43), Vinh Phuc (33), Danang (18), and Ha Nam (15).
Currently, roughly 42,300 people are quarantined, including 685 at hospitals, more than 22,800 at state-run quarantine centers, and nearly 19,000 at home and lodging facilities.
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
- Typhoon Noru coming on, Vietnam closes nine airports
Solid macroeconomic fundamentals shield Vietnam from external shocks: IMF
CNN continues to promote Hanoi tourism: Robert Bradley
Communication essential to ease traffic problems: Experts
Local firms urged to stay proactive in intellectual property protection
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index