Minister of Health dismissed by parliament
Long was the latest senior official facing disciplinary measures for his involvement in the Covid-19 test kit scam by Viet A Company.
The National Assembly (NA) today [June 7] agreed to remove Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long from office for the 2021-2026 term and as the NA Deputy with 94% of the approval rate.
|Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long was dismissed due to his involvement in the Viet A's Covid-19 test kit scam. File photo|
NA Standing Committee's Commission for Deputy Affairs Nguyen Thi Thanh informed at a press conference held on the same day.
According to Thanh, the competent authorities previously concluded that in the position of Minister of Health, Long was negligent in management and directly responsible for the charges committed at the ministry regarding the approval, management, and sale of the Covid-19 test kits.
Long was charged with violating the Party and the State’s regulations, causing severe consequences and public asset losses, undermining the Covid-19 fight, causing social unrest, and staining the reputation of the Party and the health ministry, Thanh said.
In an extraordinary meeting yesterday, the Party Central Committee decided to expel Long from the Communist Party.
Long was the latest senior official facing disciplinary measures for his involvement in the Covid-19 test kit scam by Viet A Company, which had inflated the price of a Covid-19 test kit by 45% before selling it to health facilities across the country for unfair gains.
- Vietnam urges sustainable development for Mekong-Lancang Cooperation
- More remains of American soldiers in Vietnam repatriated
- Poisonous gas leak in Jordan: Five Vietnamese die
- Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
- Danish Crown Prince's visit to Vietnam promotes green solutions
- Penny Wong arrives in Hanoi, affirming new Australian cabinet relations with Vietnam
- Vietnam, Hungary to sign new parliamentary cooperation agreement
- Vietnam entirely justified in exercising self-defense against Khmer Rouge: Carl Thayer
- Australia launches plastics innovation hub in Vietnam
- Vietnam, South Korea eye Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
Vietnam targets 70% of population to have bank accounts in 2022
Ten prestigious Vietnam tech firms 2022 announced
Vietnam, S.Korea aim for a US$150 billion trade turnover by 2030
Vietnam eyes stock market’s upgrade to emerging status before 2025
Vietnam to solidify macro-economic stability: PM
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi