nCoV: Vietnam reports 10th infection, 3 discharged from hospital
The latest infection was under human-to-human transmission in Vietnam.
The number of people in Vietnam infected with the new coronavirus (nCoV) has reached 10, including two Chinese nationals, as of February 4.
|Vietnam reports 10 infections as of Feb 4. Photo: Zing|
The latest confirmed case is a 42-year-old woman who was infected with the nCoV from her sister who had stayed two months in China’s Wuhan city, the epicenter of the nCoV outbreak.
It has raised the person-to-person transmission cases in Vietnam to three.
So far, three localities hit by the epidemic include the central provinces of Khanh Hoa and Thanh Hoa and the northern province of Vinh Phuc.
Among the infections, three have tested negative with the nCoV, including a 28-year-old Chinese man, a 25-year-old woman in Khanh Hoa province, and a 25-year-old woman in Thanh Hoa.
Meanwhile, the country continues to quarantine 78 others who are at risk of transmission as the country makes efforts to curb the spread of the epidemic which has killed 427 people, including two outside China, and caused 20,639 infections globally.
To cope with the widespread of the epidemic, Vietnam has declared the national nCoV epidemic and deployed a number of tough measures to curb the epidemic.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world