New wave of cold air to hit Hanoi tonight
The weather in Hanoi will be cooler with the temperatures set to fall to 23-29 degrees Celsius.
The new cold wave is expected to hit Hanoi tonight [October 5], accompanied by showers and thunderstorms in some areas, according to the National Hydrometeorological Forecast Center (NCHMF).
|Hanoi’s temperature will fall to 23-29 degrees Celsius. Illustrative photo.|
The center said that the cold air will affect the northern mountainous provinces of Vietnam and then expand to other areas in the region and certain parts of the central region. Temperatures in Hanoi will fall to 23-29 degrees Celsius.
In the mountainous areas, temperatures are expected to drop to between 23 and 29 degrees Celsius, and between 13 and 21 degrees Celsius in some areas.
Downpours and thunderstorms are forecast for localities in provinces from Thanh Hoa to Quang Ngai from Tuesday [October 6].
In the southern region and the Central Highlands, the southwest monsoon is strongly active in addition to the influence of the tropical convergence with the axis 12-14 degrees north latitude, thus these two areas have moderate and heavy rains in the first days of the week.
The NCHMF forecast about 24-27 waves of cold air will likely land in Vietnam in the winter of 2020-2021, starting from October. Particularly in November and December, temperatures are predicted to be 0.5-1 degrees Celsius lower than those of the same period of last year. The damaging cold spells (some 13 and 15 degrees Celsius) will appear in January.
- Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
- Hanoi on high alert against Covid-19 pandemic
- Overlaps and lack of labs hamper food safety control
- Hundreds of Hanoi volunteers participated in community-driven cleanup event
- Hanoi improves greenery to upgrade resident's living standard
- Around 75% of people with disabilities in Hanoi are jobless
- Vietnam adopts flexible approach to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam’s redesigned passport to contain birthplace from September 15
- Hanoi proposes benefits for firefighters and rescuers
- Hanoi underprivileged children enjoyed a warm Full-Moon Night
Hanoi's GRDP growth surges 9.69% in nine months
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100