13th National Party Congress takes place on January 25-February 2
The final list of the political top leaders might be made at an upcoming plenum.
The 13th National Party Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) is scheduled to take place between January 25 and February 2, 2021 in Hanoi.
|The 14th plenum of the CPV’s Central Committee takes place on December 14-18. Photo: Nhandan|
The decision was made at the 14th plenum of the CPV’s Central Committee that fell on December 14-18, Vietnam News Agency has reported.
At the plenum, the participants voted candidates for the Politburo, the country’s most powerful body, and the Secretariat, the CPV’s executing body that oversees the party’s daily issues.
The final decision on the personnel might be made at the 15th plenum, the agency reported, giving no specific time of the meeting.
Personnel of the Politburo and the Secretariat include members of the 12th congress re-elected and those are admitted to the bodies for the first time.
The Politburo of the 12th National Congress has 16 members (19 initially, including late President Tran Dai Quang who passed away in 2018, Dinh The Huynh retired for health reasons, and Dinh La Thang expelled from the Party for legal violations) while the Secretariat has 14 members.
To prepare for the 13th National Party Congress, a news portal (daihoi13.dangcongsan.vn) was launched on October 3.
The website, built and operated by the CPV’s mouthpiece online newspaper, will update the latest news about Party congresses at all levels and the 13th National Party Congress. The news will be published in Vietnamese, English, French, Chinese, Spanish and Russian.
- More remains of American soldiers in Vietnam repatriated
- Poisonous gas leak in Jordan: Five Vietnamese die
- Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
- Danish Crown Prince's visit to Vietnam promotes green solutions
- Penny Wong arrives in Hanoi, affirming new Australian cabinet relations with Vietnam
- Vietnam, Hungary to sign new parliamentary cooperation agreement
- Vietnam entirely justified in exercising self-defense against Khmer Rouge: Carl Thayer
- Australia launches plastics innovation hub in Vietnam
- Vietnam, South Korea eye Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- UNDP, Netherlands boost circular economy capacity building for Vietnam businesses
Hanoi eyes cooperation with UK to develop clean energy
Northern Vietnam braces for first tropical storm of 2022
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge