Online contemporary dance to perform
Through the dance, the Baydanc awakens a stream of thoughts and obsessions of each individual in the turn of the times and relationships.
On this Saturday evening, Goethe Institut in Hanoi will broadcast the contemporary dance entitled ‘Split’ at its official YouTube channel of Goethe-Institut Vietnam - Youtube.
The 40-minute dance will be premiered at 8pm on August 21 and available on the channel until October 23.
|Dancer Hoang Lan Phuong from the Baydanc. Photo courtesy of Goethe Institut|
According to Baydanc, when confined to a small space, without contact with the outside and without encounters, everything just takes place in a space so familiar that it seems boring, will we cut off all associations? Or is it the time to connect to oneself - something that we occasionally forget? Each time like that, people ‘split’ themselves.
“‘Split’ is the breaking into pieces, angled deeply inwardly. When the outdoors is limited, people discover emotions hidden deep within themselves.” Baydanc stated.
|Dancer Le Tran Thao Nhi - the Baydanc to perform 'The Split' contemporary dance.|
The contemporary dance partly deals with people’s thoughts in isolation because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Their desire is to escape for safety in an enclosed space rekindles the tensions between choosing whether or not to. The choice of liberation brings a fresh wind but also mixed with many worries and thoughts.
The contemporary dance performance consists of three parts of ‘Stop’, ‘Confide’ and ‘The cover’.
The Baydanc group consists of three young talented local dancers including Le Tran Thao Nhi, Hoang Lan Phuong, and Pham Ngoc Toan, and musician Nguyen Thi Thuy Linh.
- Vietnam postpones 31st SEA Games to May 2022
- Exhibition on typical Vietnamese women throughout history
- Women filmmakers struggle to overcome gender prejudice
- How Hoan Kiem Lake looks different after more than 100 years?
- Nguyen Nhat Anh's books to be published in South Korea
- Hanoi to hold numerous activities to celebrate Liberation Day
- Vietnam Days in Switzerland 2021
- Vietnamese film paradox: the more criticized, the more awards
- Vietnamese films will be screened at World Exhibition EXPO 2020 Dubai
- Book of performing arts and traditional folk introduced
ASEAN, Japan to stabilize supply chains
EVFTA provides platforms for businesses to navigate Covid-19 impacts
Vietnam's child coronavirus vaccination drive kicks off in HCMC
Vietnam postpones 31st SEA Games to May 2022
Vietnam in need of national strategy for veggie exports to EU
Vietnam donates Laos US$2 million for pandemic fight
Mao Bookstore - the oldest bookstore in Dinh Le Street
Vietnam’s biggest Covid-19 makeshift hospital to be closed
UN Security Council holds emergency meeting over North Korea