Photos of late General Vo Nguyen Giap on display
An exhibition, which opened in Hanoi on January 1, displays 103 photos of legendary General Vo Nguyen Giap to mark his 100-day death anniversary.
The week-long event, entitled “Honouring Chief Commander Vo Nguyen Giap”, is being jointly held by the Vietnam Historical Science Association, the Association of Quang Binh Fellow Countrymen, Viet Culture Development Company JSC, and some other social associations.
It aims to highlight the huge contribution of the national hero, inspire patriotism, and serve as a great source of pride for young generations.
Former Deputy Minister of Culture and Information (now the Ministry of Information and Communications) Pham Khac Hai, who is also Chairman of the Quang Binh Association of Fellow Countrymen, said the display photos have been selected from thousands of photos on General Giap’s daily life and work, as well as his historic achievements.
General Giap passed away at the age of 103 and rests in peace in his hometown - Vung Chua, Le Thuy District, the central province of Quang Binh.
- Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
- Vietnamese Press Photo Exhibition debuts
- Hanoi dancers win three gold medals at National Amateur Dance Competition 2022
- Vietnam attracts tourists through ‘digital museum’
- Night tour to Thang Long Imperial Citadel: National history revives
- Winners of 11th International Artistic Photo Contest announced
- Ningyō: Art and Beauty of Japanese Dolls exhibitions
- Vietnamese in Moscow celebrate Children’s Day
- Various activities in Hanoi to celebrate children’s day
- ASEAN Film Week 2022 to debut in Hanoi
Vietnam-UK target US$10-billion trade turnover by 2023
“Japan Street” to bolster Vietnam-Japan business cooperation: JETRO
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook