PM urges provinces to focus on upcoming general election
The government’s leader called for efforts from local provinces/cities in ensuring people are able to exercise their rights and elect worthy candidates in the upcoming elections.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has issued a directive urging ministries and cities/provinces to focus on ensuring the success of the election for deputies of the 15th National Assembly and all-level People’s Councils for the 2021-2026 period.
|Hanoi's leaders check the preparation process for election in Dong Da district. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
“With nearly one week left to the election day [May 23], this is the decisive period for the success of the elections,” noted the directive.
The directive pointed out a number of challenges that could affect the preparation for the election, including the serious Covid-19 pandemic; lack of awareness on the election in remote and mountainous areas and among ethnic minority communities; and conspiracies by hostile forces to undermine political-social order ahead of the election.
To ensure the success of the elections in line with the Election Law and create favorable conditions for the people to exercise their rights in choosing worthy candidates, Chinh requested the Ministry of Health to frequently update the Covid-19 situation and set up plans to deal with any circumstances.
The Ministry of Information and Communications is responsible for raising the public’s awareness of the election via multiple communication channels including social networks, SMS, loudspeakers, and timely blocking false information on the election.
The ministries of National Defence and Public Security are tasked to keep utmost safety for the election and provide support for local provinces/cities in the Covid-19 fight.
The Ministry of Home Affairs is in charge of cooperating with related agencies in addressing issues that emerged during the election process.
People’s committees at provinces/cities will be responsible for the preparation process, including voting scenarios in emergency cases.
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
- Vietnamese blue helmet doctors conduct free medical check-ups for South Sudanese
- Vietnam-UK Friendship Year announced
Vietnam aims for five international-standard cities by 2045
Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced