Security tightened for fireworks in Hanoi on New Year’s Eve
Hanoi’s iconic Hoan Kiem Lake will feature two aerial fireworks venues this evening.
Military forces tightened security around the area of the firework display in Hanoi on New Year’s Eve [January 22].
The deployment of military forces is reported at two spots in downtown Hanoi, around Hoan Kiem Lake – two out of 31 venues to display fireworks citywide.
The spots around Hoan Kiem Lake will see aerial fireworks and the others will take place in all 30 districts across the city.
In Vietnam, fireworks control is under the jurisdiction of the military.
|A soldier guards a firework venue around Hoan Kiem Lake.
The firework display will take place from 0:00 a.m. to 0:15 a.m. on January 21 (the 30th day of the 12th Lunar month).
|A firework venue in Hoan Kiem Lake.
|Ambulances are on duty at the site in case of incidents.
The area surrounding the firework launching venues is closed to the public to ensure safety.
|Military forces are doing their work.
|A firework venue in front of the Hanoi Post Office.
|Soldiers are hurried with the final preparation step.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Tran Sy Thanh checks the preparations a few hours ahead of the display.
- Hanoi's Imperial Citadel recreates ritual ceremony to commemorate emperors
- Amazing procession at Hai Ba Trung temple festival in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Saint Giong Festival underway
- Huong Pagoda Festival ready for inauguration
- Hanoi buzzes with Tet spirit
- Hanoi's flower village bustling with Tet preparations
- Hanoi is smoggy like Sapa
- Hanoi youth in ao dai pose for Tet photo
- Restoring old French-style villas: Preserving Hanoi's past
- White apricot blossom – an elegant hobby of Hanoians
Vietnam to produce clean hydrogen by 2030
PM urges major mobile carriers to lead in semiconductor chip research
Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
National status for Hanoi's intangible heritage