Construction of road connecting Northwest region kicked off
The project is essential to socio-economic development in the Northwest in general, and Lai Chau in particular.
The Project Management Unit (PMU) No.2 under the Ministry of Transport started the construction of a road connecting the northern mountainous province of Lai Chau to the Hanoi – Lao Cai highway, with a total length of 147 kilometers.
|The Hanoi – Lao Cai expressway. File photo|
Inadequate road transport infrastructure in the mountainous region, including Lai Chau, would cause difficulties for transportation to delta areas, or seaports, creating hindrances to socio-economic development.
For that reason, “Investment in a road section from the Northern mountainous region to Noi Bai – Lao Cai highway, including from Lai Chau to Noi Bai – Lao Cai highway, is necessary and contributes to realizing the development potential in terms of tourism, culture, and mining in the Northwest in general, and Lai Chau in particular,” stated the agency.
The first component of the project from junction IC16 in Lai Chau province to Khanh Yen (Lao Cai) needs an investment capital of VND474 billion (US$20 million) and a construction period of 30 months. The road is designed to the level 3 mountain road standard and allows an average travel speed of 60 kilometers per hour.
According to PMU No.2, in addition to the Noi Bai – Lao Cai highway of high standards, the majority of roads in the Northwest region meet mountainous road levels 4-5 criteria.
- Laos vows to facilitate Vietnam's investors
- Hanoi lures nearly $1.7 billion in foreign investment in 2022
- European Investment Bank will provide Vietnam climate finance
- Vietnam stands as credible partner for foreign investors
- Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
- IFC assists Vietnam to boost green finance for a low-carbon economy
- Vietnam's FDI outlays in 10 months jump 15% to exceed $17 billion
- Actual FDI to Vietnam rises over 16% to US$15.4 billion in 9-month
- Construction of road connecting Northwest region kicked off
- Vietnam may face increased pressure on inflation control: Experts
Vietnam spends US$9 billion on oil imports in 2022
Hanoi makes people and businesses the center of digitalization
Tet in the eyes of foreigners in Hanoi
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy
Foreign ambassadors experience Vietnamese Tet in Duong Lam Village