Vietnam Airlines reroutes flights amid Middle East unrest
The move came after Iran fired missiles at US targets in Iraq.
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines all flight routes between Vietnam and Europe to keep distance from areas that might be impacted by rising tensions in the Middle East for the safety of its passengers.
| A Vietnam Airlines plane. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
Accordingly, Vietnam Airlines will make appropriate adjustments to its routes to avoid areas of potential instability, even though it has no regular flights to/from Europe that pass through Iranian or Iraqi airspace, the airline has said in a statement.
These adjustments might prolong passengers’ flight time and increase expenses for Vietnam Airlines. However, the carrier will continue to enact these adjustments until tensions in the Middle East wane.
This is not the first time Vietnam Airlines has had to reroute flights away from areas of potential conflict. In 2018, Vietnam Airlines diverted its routes away from the Black Sea, as stability in the region was affected by the civil conflict in Syria.
Vietnam Airlines recommends passengers traveling from/to Europe during this time regularly check and update the latest information at Vietnam Airlines’ official Facebook page, website www.vietnamairlines.com, or contact agents nationwide.
The carrier’s announcement came in after Iran on Wednesday morning fired rockets at two US military bases in neighboring Iraq where the US and Coaliation troops are stationed in retaliation for Soleimani’s death.
- Hanoi's tourism to choose its own identity
- Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
- Travel booms in young people on a year lost to Covid-19
- Vietnamese travel businesses anticipate better tourism prospects for 2022
- Hanoi targets to welcome 12 million visitors in 2022
- Vietnam named “Best River Cruise Destination in Asia in 2021”
- Hanoi welcomes 300,000 tourists in November after pandemic hiatus
- Railway through Central of Vietnam listed among six amazing Asia train journeys
- Hanoi needs flexible solution to deliver aid to tour guides
- Hanoi's tourism firms get creative to survive during the pandemic
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100
Make Hanoi a worth-living place: Opinions
Romantic West Lake in the fall
Balcony music show comes back to audiences at Hoan Kiem pedestrian zone
Ten nominations for “Bui Xuan Phai – For the Love of Hanoi” Awards
Hanoi strengthens cooperation with Israel in urban management
Macroeconomic stability key for Vietnam to weather global uncertainties
Vietnam stands firm on economic recovery: WB
Hanoi wins World Travel Awards 2022