Vietnam seeks solutions for oil tanker seized in Iran
Vietnam said it will work to protect the legitimate and legal rights of its crew members aboard the tanker, which was seized in the Gulf of Oman last month.
|Vietnamese Vice Spokesperson Pham Thu Hang in a press briefing. Photo: VNA|
Vietnamese Vice Spokesperson Pham Thu Hang made the comment while confirming that Iran seized a Vietnamese–flagged oil tanker last month and briefed about its status during a regular press conference today (Nov 4).
Hang said right after the presence of information over the tanker, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) has contacted the Iranian embassy in Hanoi, while the Vietnamese embassy in Iran reached the country’s authority to discuss the fate of it.
“On Oct 27, the tanker’s captain informed Vietnamese Embassy in Iran that all 26 crew members were treated well and in normal health condition”, Hang stated.
Besides, the MoFA has contacted the Ministry of Transport to verify the crew’s identity and required the shipowner to guarantee the rights and interests of Vietnamese laborers overseas.
Hang also affirmed that MoFA and the Vietnamese Embassy in Iran will keep track of the issue and at the same time conduct necessary moves to protect Vietnamese citizens’ legitimate and legal rights.
Earlier, the Associated Press (AP) cited two US officials saying that Iran has seized a Vietnamese flagged-oil tanker in Oman Gulf since last month and still holds the vessel.
- Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
- Vietnam works with some European countries for new passports
- Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
- Vietnam seeks ways to boost competitiveness of tourism
- Digital transformation matters a lot to economic integration: Vietnamese PM
- ASEAN: 55 years of unification and development
- Spain recognizes Vietnam's new passport
- ASEAN flag raising ceremony held in Hanoi
- Colorful images of ASEAN on display in Hanoi
- Spanish judge returns passport to Vietnamese accused of raping adolescent
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation