Vietnam appoints 8 ambassadors for 2021-2024 term
The ambassadors are tasked with building trust and promoting overseas Vietnamese missions.
Vietnam’s President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Oct 14 handed over the decision to accredit eight ambassadors and heads of the missions to Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Oceania for the 2021-2024 term.
|The accreditation ceremony in Hanoi on Oct 14. Photos: MoFA|
The ambassadors are tasked with building mutual understanding and trust, promoting firm cooperation with traditional partners in all fields, and bringing about benefits for bilateral and multilateral relations.
They are required to put focal points to the overseas Vietnamese, prioritizing citizen protection, preserving the national values abroad, and mobilizing overseas sources for the country’s development.
The ambassadors are as follows.
1. Nguyen Huy Dung becomes Ambassador of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam to the Arab Republic of Egypt, concurrently accredited as Ambassador to the Republic of Sudan, the Republic of Lebanon, the Republic of Tunisia, the State of Libya, the Republic of Djibouti, the State of Palestine, and the State of Eritrea.
2. Luong Quoc Huy was appointed Ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Iran, concurrently to the Syrian Arab Republic, and the Republic of Iraq.
3. Dang Xuan Dung will work as Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, concurrently to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the Sultanate of Oman, the Kingdom of Bahrain, and the Republic of Yemen.
4. Nguyen Van Trung to be Ambassador to New Zealand, concurrently to the Republic of Fiji, and the Independent State of Samoa.
5. Nguyen Thanh Hai was accredited Ambassador of Vietnam to the Republic of India, concurrently to the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, and the Kingdom of Bhutan.
6. Pham Hoang Kim becomes Ambassador to the Republic of Mozambique, concurrently to the Republic of Madagascar, the Republic of Seychelles, and the Republic of Mauritius.
7. Do Son Hai to be Ambassador of Vietnam to the Republic of Turkey.
8. Duong Chinh Chuc, Ambassador to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).
|President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and eight ambassadors.|
- EFTA – spotlight in Vietnamese President’s visit to Switzerland
- Vietnamese PM puts forth priorities to bolster cooperation in ASEM
- Denmark supports Vietnam US$1 mln in improving quality of official statistics
- Vietnamese President leaves for Switzerland, Russia visits
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 infections hit two-month high
- Vietnam joins the WIPO’s Copyright Treaty
- Japan expects Vietnam to become post-pandemic recovery hub: Fumio Kishida
- Future is bright for Vietnam-Japan relations: PM
- Vietnam holds national cultural conference after 75 years
- Economic cooperation - the key pillar for Vietnam-Japan relationship
Vietnam among Switzerland’s priorities for economic cooperation: Swiss President
Post-pandemic tourism: harnessing the value of cultural heritages
Marvelous season of marigold flowers in Ba Vi Mountain
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam
Vietnam holds national cultural conference after 75 years
Surge in supply of Vietnam’s green buildings
Hanoi begins inoculating children with Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines
Initiative supports Vietnamese SIBs in addressing Covid-19 aftermath