Vietnam, Israel accelerates negotiation for trade deal
Israel is Vietnam’s trusted partner in the Middle East, stated a Vietnamese central banker.
Vietnam and Israel are stepping up negotiation for the Vietnam – Israel Free Trade Agreement (VIFTA), which, once completed, would be a major boost for bilateral relations, according to Nguyen Thi Hong, vice governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV).
|SBV's Vice Governor Nguyen Thi Hong (r) and Israeli Ambassador to Vietnam Nadav Eshcar (l). Photo: SBV.|
Over the past years, the Vietnam – Israel relations have been growing strongly on various spheres, and Israel is Vietnam’s trusted partner in the Middle East, stated Mrs. Hong in a meeting with Israeli Ambassador to Vietnam Nadav Eshcar on September 23.
During this context, the efficient cooperation between commercial banks of the two countries has created favorable conditions for investment and trading activities among enterprises from Vietnam and Israel, Mrs. Hong asserted.
In 2019, revenue from bilateral payment network between banks from two countries stood at US$197 million, or 17% of total trade turnover at US$1.15 billion.
While fintech has become an inevitable trend around the world, Mrs. Hong expected the Israeli Embassy to serve as a bridge to further cooperation between Vietnam and Israel in fintech management.
At the meeting, Israeli Ambassador Nadav Eshcar highly regarded the two countries’ economic cooperation, adding there remains huge potential in bilateral relations.
Mr. Eshcar added Israel attached great importance to the cooperation with Vietnam since the latter is a gateway of the Middle East country to ASEAN’s economy, which has been reflected in strong growth in bilateral trade.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, trade revenue between the two countries stood at US$791 million in the first six months this year.
- Vietnam continues to push for stronger ties with US: PM
- Hanoi promotes public awareness of consumer rights
- Vietnam’s exports – in search for the magic growth catalyst
- Taiwanese firm eyes Hanoi as a key investment destination
- Vietnam wants to restore international travel with China: PM Chinh
- Central Retail may inject US$1.45 billion to expand Vietnamese operations
- Vietnamese organic farm producers seek opportunities at Biofach 2023
- Eurocham Whitebook 2023 highlights green economy and sustainable development
- Vietnamese PM assures foreign investors of their interests
- Vietnam pledges consistent policies for European investors
US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
Hanoi patriots recount memories of captivity
The SEA Games 32 torch arrives in Hanoi
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition
Artisan turns Bodhi leaf into artwork