Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia to have joint dialogue in Q1
The three neighboring countries are expected to boost the relations to a new height.
Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia are scheduled to join a shared online meeting in the first quarter to discuss measures for the further cooperation.
|Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos seek ways to boost ties. Source: Fareastour.asia|
Prime ministers of the three countries are expected to seek ways to “lift the friendship to a new height”, the government of Vietnam said on its website Thursday.
On February 11, Vietnam’s Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc held phone conversations with General Secretary of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party and Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith and Prime Minister of Cambodia Hun Sen to brief up the achievements of the relations between the countries over the past year.
Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia are three neighboring countries sharing common interest and supporting one another on various international agendas.
Vietnam and Laos set up diplomatic relationship in 1962. Between 2016 and 2020, Vietnam was Laos’ third largest investor with registered capital of US$4.2 billion, up 35% against 2010. In 2020, Vietnamese investment capital to Lao rocketed by 130% on-year.
“The bilateral cooperation ties in politics have climbed to new heights witnessed by the regular exchange of high level visits of leaders from the two parties and governments,” Lao media reported.
The relations between Vietnam and Cambodia, which were set up in 1967, have witnessed expanded linkages in all areas beyond political and security aspects.
Vietnam has been one of Cambodia’s biggest trading partners and investors. In 2019, their two-way trade volume was about US$5 billion.
In addition, Vietnamese tourists made up the second largest proportion of inbound arrivals in Cambodia in 2017, only behind China.
- Australia makes comfortable win against Vietnam in Melbourne
- Vietnam's PM commemorates martyrs killed in battle to defend northern border
- Germany donates Vietnam additional 4 million vaccine doses
- HSBC Vietnam commits to arranging US$12 billion to green Vietnam
- Overseas Vietnamese: an inseparable part of the nation
- Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh passes away
- Vietnam Airlines resumes scheduled flights to Europe
- Vietnam to bring to justice 10 corruption cases in 2022: General Secretary
- Vietnam, Cambodia prepare for high-ranking exchange visits in 2022
- 10 countries recognize Vietnam vaccine passports
Hanoi proposes full reopening to tourism from April 1
Tet Holiday re-enacted in Duong Lam ancient village
European businesses to increase investment in Vietnam
Vietnamese President appreciates Japan’s hospital project acceleration
No delay in implementing socio-economic recovery program: Deputy PM
PM asks ministries to consider reopening of cinemas nationwide
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty