Vietnam's largest data center expected to meet growing storage demand
The latest data center is expected to complete by the first quarter of 2021.
FPT Telecom has started building a new data center in the Saigon Hi-Tech Park, Ho Chi Minh City, the largest of its kind in Vietnam, expecting to meet the increasing demand for cloud storage.
|Photo: FPT Telecom|
On May 4, FPT Telecom inaugurated its latest data center with an area of 10,000 square meters that helps the company increase its capacity to meet the increasing demand for data storage of local and foreign enterprises and individuals.
Located in District 9, the eight-floor data center is designed according to the international standard – LEED certification and applied the latest technology DRUPS without using batteries, which is used in many worldwide data centers and ensures high reliability to cloud computing systems.
The data center strictly complies with management and operating certificates according to the US-based Uptime Institute’s Tier III standard for data center design, construction, operation, management and service stability including low to high levels (Tier I, Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV).
Chairman of FPT Telecom Hoang Nam Tien said that currently, digital transformation is carried out worldwide and in Vietnam, the need to migrate resources to the cloud is increasing. Therefore, data centers with high standards, ensuring system safety, data security are on high demand. FPT's data center is able to compete with those of cloud computing giants such as Microsoft, Google, and Amazon.
Vietnam’s cloud industry is forecast to increase to US$291 million by 2024 from US$165 million in 2018, many Vietnamese businesses have been migrating data and solutions to the cloud, mainly internet data centers operated by Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba.
- Vietnam is safest in Southeast Asia for virtual finances: Kaspersky
- First Vietnamese wins European Young Scientist Award
- Ten prestigious Vietnam tech firms 2022 announced
- Vietnam issues new template passports for citizens from July 1
- Vietnam’s African swine fever vaccine to be widely used by late 2022
- Vietnam prioritizes cybersecurity for digital platforms
- US willing to share technology to help Vietnam in energy transition
- Vietnam reports over 5,400 cyber-attacks in first five months
- “Establishment of Vietnam-Australia Center” project inked in Hanoi
- A foreign man arrested for alledgedly hacking Vietnamese banks
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation