Vietnam launches stimulus program for inbound and domestic tours
The program is an initiative by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and Vietnam Airlines to cope with the impacts of the Covid-19 epidemic.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism on February 25 called on local tourism departments, tourism associations and enterprises to actively engage in the stimulus program for international and domestic tourism, Hanoimoi reported.
|Vietnam's tourism struggles to recover from the Covid-19 epidemic. Photo: HNM|
The program is an initiative by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and Vietnam Airlines Corporation to cope with the impacts of the Covid-19 epidemic, with a view to reviving the tourism industry and accomplishing targets set for 2020.
The stimulus program for domestic tourism with the message "Vietnam is safe" will be rolled out nationwide, from March to August 2020.
Meanwhile, the program for international tourism will run from April to December 2020 with the message "VietnamNOW", which focuses on Southeast Asia, India, Russia and Europe. The program’s inception coincides with the Vietnam Grand Prix F1 Racing, which will be held in Hanoi from April 3 to 5.
Under the stimulus program, there will be policies on exemption and reduction of entrance fees at tourist sites and destinations, air ticket discounts for groups of travelers, among other promotions. It is expected that once they visit Vietnam, travelers will spread the message that Vietnam is a safe and attractive destination.
- Hanoi's tourism to choose its own identity
- Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
- Travel booms in young people on a year lost to Covid-19
- Vietnamese travel businesses anticipate better tourism prospects for 2022
- Hanoi targets to welcome 12 million visitors in 2022
- Vietnam named “Best River Cruise Destination in Asia in 2021”
- Hanoi welcomes 300,000 tourists in November after pandemic hiatus
- Railway through Central of Vietnam listed among six amazing Asia train journeys
- Hanoi needs flexible solution to deliver aid to tour guides
- Hanoi's tourism firms get creative to survive during the pandemic
Autumn specialties in Hanoi
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100