Vietnam leaders extend greetings to US on 245th Independence Day
Leaders of Vietnam have sent kinds wishes on American Independence day, which falls on July 4.
State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh today [July 4] extended greetings to US President Joe Biden on the US's 245th Independence Day (July 4, 1776 – July 4, 2021).
|The Vietnam-US relations are on the rise. File photo|
On this occasion, Chairman of the National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue sent a greeting message to President of the US Senate Kamala Harris and Speaker of the US House of Representative Nancy Pelosi.
On the same day, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son also congratulated US Secretary of State Antony Blinken for the US’ 245th birthday.
From 1776 to the present, the date of July 4 has been celebrated as the birth of US independence, with festivities ranging from fireworks, carnivals, fairs to more casual family gatherings and barbecues.
This year, however, given the Covid-19 situation, certain social events are limited in scale.
Vietnam and the US celebrated the 25th anniversary of the normalization of diplomatic relations last year, with investment and trade serving as pillars in the bilateral comprehensive partnership.
|For the first five months of this year, the US remained Vietnam’s largest export market with an external turnover of US$37.6 billion, representing an increase of 49.8% year-on-year.|
Vietnam is currently home to 1,100 projects financed by US investors with a total registered capital of US$9.7 billion, making it the country's 11th largest investor to date. Taking into account investment capital from US firms via a third country, total foreign direct investment (FDI) to Vietnam stood at over US$14 billion.
- President of the French Senate opens new headquarters of the French Institute in Vietnam
- President Phuc wishes for further investment from Korean conglomerates
- South Korea, Vietnam ready to boost tech cooperation
- President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
- Australia supports carbon markets partnerships in Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Typical model for conservation in Vietnam
- National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Australia vow to upgrade relations
- Australia, Vietnam hold 1st Defense Ministers Meeting in Hanoi
Vietnam, France to deepen strategic partnership
Hanoi eyes GRDP growth of 7% for 2023
Vietnam holds 1st International Arms Expo
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts