Vietnam PM invited to attend "Future of Asia" conference
Regional leaders are expected to pave the way for the post-Covid era by cooperating in international issues, including overcoming the future pandemics.
Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh will attend the 26th International Conference on THE FUTURE OF ASIA to be held on May 20-21 at the invitation of President and CEO of Nikkei Inc. Tsuyoshi Hasebe.
|Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh. Photo: VGP|
The Vietnamese PM will attend the event, titled “Shaping the post-Covid era: Asia’s role in the global recovery”, that brings together many leaders in Asia, including former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad, Thai PM Prayut Chan-ocha, Pakistani PM Imran Khan, Singapore Deputy PM and Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat, and Indian Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
Held by Nikkei Inc., Japan’s largest business media group and the publisher of the Nikkei and Nikkei Asia, the conference will be streamed live from Tokyo.
At the event, Asian leaders are expected to pave the way for the post-Covid era while upholding the principles of “peace and stability” and “diversity” and cooperate on international issues, including those to overcome the future pandemics.
Experts from various fields will be invited for panel discussions on such topic as “Asia and the new US administration,” “International cooperation to fight the pandemic,” “Innovation in the Covid-19 era,” and “Cultural exchange in the Covid-19 era.”
Vietnam is among the few countries in Asia posting positive economic growth in 2020 when the pandemic swept every part of the world.
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
- Typhoon Noru coming on, Vietnam closes nine airports
Autumn specialties in Hanoi
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100