Vietnam PM invited to attend "Future of Asia" conference
Regional leaders are expected to pave the way for the post-Covid era by cooperating in international issues, including overcoming the future pandemics.
Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh will attend the 26th International Conference on THE FUTURE OF ASIA to be held on May 20-21 at the invitation of President and CEO of Nikkei Inc. Tsuyoshi Hasebe.
|Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh. Photo: VGP|
The Vietnamese PM will attend the event, titled “Shaping the post-Covid era: Asia’s role in the global recovery”, that brings together many leaders in Asia, including former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad, Thai PM Prayut Chan-ocha, Pakistani PM Imran Khan, Singapore Deputy PM and Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat, and Indian Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
Held by Nikkei Inc., Japan’s largest business media group and the publisher of the Nikkei and Nikkei Asia, the conference will be streamed live from Tokyo.
At the event, Asian leaders are expected to pave the way for the post-Covid era while upholding the principles of “peace and stability” and “diversity” and cooperate on international issues, including those to overcome the future pandemics.
Experts from various fields will be invited for panel discussions on such topic as “Asia and the new US administration,” “International cooperation to fight the pandemic,” “Innovation in the Covid-19 era,” and “Cultural exchange in the Covid-19 era.”
Vietnam is among the few countries in Asia posting positive economic growth in 2020 when the pandemic swept every part of the world.
- President Phuc wishes for further investment from Korean conglomerates
- South Korea, Vietnam ready to boost tech cooperation
- President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
- Australia supports carbon markets partnerships in Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Typical model for conservation in Vietnam
- National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
- Vietnam, Australia vow to upgrade relations
- Australia, Vietnam hold 1st Defense Ministers Meeting in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Uganda boost bilateral free trade
Promote the heritage of Thang Long Imperial Citadel in France
VinFast files for US public listing
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation