Vietnam postpones 31st SEA Games to May 2022
The 31st SEA Games is expected to draw about 20,000 athletes and sports delegations from 11 countries in Southeast Asia.
Vietnam has decided to postpone the 31st SEA Games to May 2022 and cancel the ASEAN Para Games 11, according to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The postpone was made due to the negative impact of the Covid-19 pandemic in the region. It aims to ensure safety for athletes and people attending the event.
|The Vietnamese U22 Football Team won the gold medal at the 30th SEA Games that took place in the Philippines in 2019. Photo: VNA|
The event with 40 sports with 520 medal events will be held in Hanoi and other 11 provinces and cities including Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Bac Giang, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh, Vinh Phuc, Phu Tho.
The My Dinh Sports Complex in Hanoi will be the main venue where the opening ceremony and Olympic sports competitions such as athletics, water sports, soccer, among others, will take place.
In the framework of the program, the Organizing Committee will launch SEA Games 31 website; a 1-year countdown to the SEA Games 31 opening ceremony; reports on the preparation of the host country’s Organizing Committee and on the creation contest of logo and mascot of the Games.
The 31st SEA Games is expected to draw about 20,000 athletes and sport delegations from 11 countries in Southeast Asia.
The task of keeping safety for the big sports game amid the Covid-19 pandemic is said to be a challenge for the host country.
- Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
- Vietnamese Press Photo Exhibition debuts
- Hanoi dancers win three gold medals at National Amateur Dance Competition 2022
- Vietnam attracts tourists through ‘digital museum’
- Night tour to Thang Long Imperial Citadel: National history revives
- Winners of 11th International Artistic Photo Contest announced
- Ningyō: Art and Beauty of Japanese Dolls exhibitions
- Vietnamese in Moscow celebrate Children’s Day
- Various activities in Hanoi to celebrate children’s day
- ASEAN Film Week 2022 to debut in Hanoi
Vietnam to solidify macro-economic stability: PM
European businesses positive about Vietnam’s prospects for green growth
Who is the Vietnamese for whom a Paris square has just been named?
Hanoi among Top 10 cities in Southeast Asia
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half