Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
The situation in Myanmar becomes worse with dozens of protesters killed daily over the past few days.
Vietnam has repatriated nearly 400 Vietnamese citizens from Myanmar following deadly escalations after the military coup in early February.
|Returnees arrive in Danang International Airport. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
Passengers landed in the home country on Thursday afternoon from two flights operated by Vietnam Airlines, the national flag carrier.
The returnees, who are those working and living in many parts of Myanmar, arrived in Danang for quarantine.
Vietnam Airlines said it took days to make the flights possible with the focus on safety measures against the pandemic.
|All crew members and passengers equipped with personal protection equipment.|
All crew members and passengers were required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE) during the flight and to undertake compulsory quarantine upon arrival.
Vietnam suspended international flights since March 2020 but it has maintained repatriation flights and Vietnam Airlines is responsible for almost all flights.
In 2020, Vietnam Airlines operated more than 180 flights bringing home more than 52,500 Vietnamese nationals who were stranded in more than 30 countries and territories.
The repatriation of Vietnamese nationals gives priority to children under 18, the elderly, the sick, students having no dormitories, those facing hardships, and special cases.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world