Vietnam repatriates 270 citizens from Malaysia
Vietnam continues to bring its citizens home basing on the country's quarantine capacity and people's demand.
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines on May 10 brought home more than 270 Vietnamese people from Malaysia, continuing the government’s efforts to repatriate citizens amid increasing global lockdown.
|Passengers arrive at Danang International Airport on May 10. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
Flight VN674 carried the passengers who are children under 18, the elderly, the sick, students whose dormitories closed, people with expired visa, and tourists stranded in Malaysia from Kuala Lumpur.All passengers have been quarantined after they landed at Danang airport.
|Passengers check in at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
On way from Ho Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur, Vietnam Airlines transported no passengers but goods that are pandemic relief aid to Malaysian people.
Vietnam has been repatriating its citizens basing on the country’s quarantine capacity, pandemic situation, and citizens’ demand. Vietnam Airlines has operated flights with requirements on safety asked by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Transport.
|Inside the repatriation flight. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
In an interview with Hanoitimes last month, commenting on Vietnam’s fight against the pandemic, Ambassador of Malaysia to Vietnam Dato’ Shariffah Norhana Syed Mustaffa said that Vietnam has prioritized the well-being and protection of its people’s health through decisive and essential measures.
Vietnam has required mandatory quarantine for all visitors from and passing through ASEAN member states from March 18.
- Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum in Hanoi welcomes 1.2 million visitors in Q1
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
Vietnam's site listed among world top destinations for hot air balloon rides
News highlights for April 2, 2023
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Hanoi fosters mass cycling
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world