Vietnam reports 16th Covid-19 case amid rapid spread worldwide
The latest case has driven up the number of infections in Vinh Phuc to 11, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 3.
As of February 13, Vietnam confirmed the 16th individual infected with Covid-19, previously known as nCoV.
The newly-infected man is father of a patient who came from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic outbreak. So far, four members of that family have tested positive with Covid-19.
|The majority of the cases comes from the northern province of Vinh Phuc. Photo: Tienphong|
The latest case has raised the number of infections in the northern province of Vinh Phuc to 11, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 3, the central province of Khanh Hoa with one and the south central province of Thanh Hoa with one.
At present, seven out of 16 infected individuals have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Of the infected people, two are Chinese nationals, a father and a son, and both have recovered have been released.
Meanwhile, 82 others are being quarantined.
Authorities in epidemic-hit localities have been asked to keep a close watch on people who made contact with the infected people while suspected cases have been required to be quarantined and take a test.
On the same day, the number of infection climbed to 60,062 globally while the death toll reached 1,355, including two outside China.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world