Vietnam, Singapore to bolster cooperation on digitalization
The two countries aim to take their bilateral strategic partnership to a new height.
Vietnam and Singapore will expand cooperation in fields of green energy, smart city, innovation, digital economy and digitalization to take advantage of the Industry 4.0.
|Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh during the phone talk. Photos: Nhat Bac|
Such was one of the key topics discussed by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and his Singaporean counterpart Lee Hsien Loong on a phone talk today [April 20].
It would come on the back of existing partnership between the two countries in potential fields and sector of finance, IT, agriculture, education and infrastructure, aiming to take the bilateral strategic partnership to a new height.
In 2020 and the first quarter of 2021, Singapore remained Vietnam’s largest investor, while the Vietnam – Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP) model has been a symbol for bilateral economic cooperation.
|Overview of the phone talk|
Singapore’s PM Lee Hsien Loong stressed that his country continues to give priority to the relations with Vietnam, saying it would share experience on economic management and train high quality human resources to Vietnam.
PM Chinh thanked Singapore’s support for Vietnam when the country took on the role of the Chair of ASEAN 2020, hoping the ASEAN neighbor will continue supporting Vietnam as non-permanent member of the UN’s Security Council for the 2021 term.
Both leaders agreed on further cooperation to help repatriate citizens to each country, at the same time negotiating for priority travel mechanism, a key step to reopen safe commercial flights to boost trade, investment and tourism between Vietnam and Singapore.
Vietnam and Singapore are committed to actively participating in building a strong and united ASEAN Community to realize its central role for peace, security of the region and the world.
- Danish Crown Prince's visit to Vietnam promotes green solutions
- Penny Wong arrives in Hanoi, affirming new Australian cabinet relations with Vietnam
- Vietnam, Hungary to sign new parliamentary cooperation agreement
- Vietnam entirely justified in exercising self-defense against Khmer Rouge: Carl Thayer
- Australia launches plastics innovation hub in Vietnam
- Vietnam, South Korea eye Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- UNDP, Netherlands boost circular economy capacity building for Vietnam businesses
- 55th anniversary of Vietnam-Cambodia relations observed
- Vietnam’s 1st Goldman Prize awardee jailed for tax fraud
- South Korea’s biggest airline resumes direct air route to Danang
Vietnam, UK seek closer relations
Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism