Vietnamese blue helmet doctors conduct free medical check-ups for South Sudanese
Vietnamese blue helmet doctors provided free medical examination and treatment, daily necessities and medicines for local residents.
Working far from their homeland, officials and staff members of Vietnam’s Level 2 Field Hospital 4 of the UN Mission have celebrated Vietnam Doctors' Day by conducting free medical checkups for the locals.
According to Quan Doi Nhan Dan (People's Army) Newspaper, on the occasion of the 68th Vietnamese Doctors’ Day (February 27, 1955-2023), Vietnam’s Level 2 Field Hospital 4 engaged in volunteer work to support the patients in Bentiu, South Sudan.
A large number of people have come to be examined by Vietnamese “blue beret” doctors. Photo: qdnd.vn
During the program, the Vietnamese blue helmet doctors provided free medical examination and treatment, necessities and medicines to the locals.
Although the number of patients coming to the clinic exceeded the expectations of Vietnamese doctors and nurses, they were still dedicated and considerate, conducting a careful examination, and giving advice and medication to patients.
Lt. Col. Do Thi Hang Nga said the director of Bentiu General Hospital thanked the Vietnamese "blue helmet doctors" and the Vietnamese people in general for their feelings towards the South Sudanese people, and hoped that they carry out more practical volunteer works in the coming time.
The patients and residents of Bentiu also expressed their deep gratitude to the Vietnamese peace-keepers. They hope to see these doctors again in the near future.
The medical examination and treatment teams have been fully prepared by physicians.
The medicine to be given to the locals.
People in Bentiu expressed their deep gratitude to the Vietnamese peace-keepers.
The Director Board of Vietnam’s Level 2 Field Hospital 4 presents gifts to the Director of Bentiu General Hospital.
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
- Vietnamese blue helmet doctors conduct free medical check-ups for South Sudanese
- Vietnam-UK Friendship Year announced
- Women’s world cup trophy to arrive in Vietnam early March
Hanoi responds to International Day of Happiness 2023
First heatwave to hit northern Vietnam this week
Hanoi International Marathon draws 10,000 runners
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition
Artisan turns Bodhi leaf into artwork
Hanoi Party chief urges greater decentralization efforts to aid growth