Vietnam’s vaccine passports recognized in 81 countries, territories
The result is thanks to the cooperation between Vietnamese Government agencies and partners from other countries.
Vietnam’s vaccine passports have now been recognized in 81 countries and territories, said Deputy Spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Doan Khac Viet at a press conference today [May 12].
|Vietnam's Covid-199 passport. Source: MoH|
“The result is thanks to the cooperation between Vietnamese Government agencies and partners from other countries,” said Viet.
As of present, Vietnam has signed agreements for mutual recognition of vaccine passports with 20 countries, including the US, Japan, UK, Australia, India, Belarus, Cambodia, the Philippines, Maldives, Palestine, Egypt, Turkey, Singapore, Saint Lucia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Iran, Malaysia, and the Dominican Republic.
On May 11, the European Commission confirmed the recognition of Vietnam’s digital vaccine passport. Under the decision, all 27 EU members would accept Vietnamese vaccine passports under the same conditions as their own, and those holding such certificates will be allowed to enter the bloc under similar rules applied to bearers of the EU’s certificate.
The Ministry of Health first issued vaccine passports on April 15, with the certificate following standards set by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the EU. So far, it is estimated that 10 million Vietnamese have been issued digital passports.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world