Work commences on Gac Ma memorial park
A ceremony was held on March 13 in the central coastal province of Khanh Hoa to launch construction on a memorial park dedicated to 64 naval soldiers killed during a battle to defend Gac Ma Island in Vietnam ’s Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago 27 years ago.
The perspective of Gac Ma memorial park
Covering 2.5 hectares in Cam Hai Dong commune, Cam Lam district, the park includes statues, a museum and trees.
Funding for the park was sourced through donations from labourers across the country through the “Love for Hoang Sa-Truong Sa” programme launched by the VGCL in March last year.
After its scheduled completion next year, the park is expected to become a cultural and tourist site contributing to fostering patriotism among the youth and affirming Vietnam’s sovereignty over the Hoang Sa and Truong Sa archipelagos.
- “Dien Bien Phu in the air” – the depiction of faith and resolution to victory
- Militia competition 2022 opens in Hanoi
- World Meteorological Organization removes Nine-dash line after Vietnam’s protest
- Vietnam calls for restraint on Taiwan Strait
- Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group operates in South China Sea
- India naval ships visit Vietnam
- Vietnam protests China military exercises in South China Sea
- US naval ship arrives in Vietnam for largest humanitarian mission in Indo-Pacific
National Geographic Traveler explores Hanoi
Hanoians delighted to enjoy wild pear flower in early blooming
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam