April 10: 16 more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, 2 cases confirmed
The Hanoitimes - Local health experts attributed the high ratio of convalescents (56%) to good treatment largely made through daily online consultation.
As many as 16 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam fully recovered and were allowed to leave hospital on April 10, lifting up the number of convalescents to 144 out of 257 total cases.
|Taking samples for coronavirus tests in Hanoi. Photo: Kinhtedothi/Ngoc Tu|
The latest figure raises the ratio of convalescents to 56% of the total infected cases.
On the same day, the country confirmed two new coronavirus cases, including one linked to Bach Mai Hospital, the biggest hotspot in Vietnam.
The number of infections associated with the hospital has hit nearly 50. Meanwhile, roughly 25,000 others involved have been put under quarantine, both at mass facilities and at home.
After finding Patient No.243 connected to Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi's authorities have put a village of 11,000 people under lockdown since April 7. As of April 10, five villagers have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.
So far, Hanoi continues to take the lead with the highest infections at 120, including 58 convalescents, while Ho Chi Minh City ranks second with 54, including 40 convalescents.
As of Friday, the number of people under quarantine hit nearly 75,000, including 720 at hospital, 24,000 at concentrated facilities, and 50,000 at home and other facilities, according to the Ministry of Health.
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
Vietnam-US defense ties maintain growth momentum, Hanoi says
Vietnam wants Hong Kong to remain stable and prosperous
Vietnam parliament set to ratify trade deal with EU at ongoing gathering
China dredging in South China Sea violates Vietnam's sovereignty, int'l law: Spokesperson
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi