May 19, 2018 / 16:54
Bien Hoa Industrial Park to be turned into a commercial and service area
The Hanoitimes - The southern province of Dong Nai has been working with agencies on a project to turn Bien Hoa I Industrial Zone into a commercial and service centre.
Dong Nai province’s authorities expect to turn Bien Hoa I Industrial zone into a commercial and service area
The Bien Hoa I Industrial Zone has 80 businesses, 40 of which have a land-lease contract until 2051.
The province said it would take back land from businesses that have expired land- lease contracts.
For those businesses that still have land-lease contracts, the province will offer compensation so they can relocate as soon as possible.
According to Sonadezi, the total cost of the project is 15 trillion VND (658 million USD), including 2.4 trillion VND for construction and equipment, 7.5 trillion VND for compensation and clearance, and 1.3 trillion VND for supporting businesses and labourers.
The project is expected to be completed by 2025.
Businesses in the industrial zone discharge more than 9,000m3 wastewater per day into Dong Nai river.
Millions of people in Bien Hoa city and neighbouring southern provinces are affected by the polluted water from the Dong Nai River.
Nguyen Phu Cuong, secretary of Dong Nai provincial Party Committee, said that, in order to solve environment problems, by the end of 2022 the province would shut down Bien Hoa I Industrial Zone.
The project is expected to bring great benefit, solve environmental problems, and develop the province, he added.
The province proposed this project 10 years ago, but it was delayed due to the authorities’ changing dates on when the industrial zone should be shut down.
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Strong FDI brings gold for Vietnam’s industrial zone developers
- Foreign investment fuels industrial real estate in Vietnam
- Many foreign investors eye industrial property in Vietnam: JLL
- Vietnam - a fresh, attractive hub for South Korean auto parts manufacturers
- Bien Hoa Industrial Park to be turned into a commercial and service area
- Quang Ninh focuses on develop Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone
- Non-tariff area proposed for Van Don special zone
- Japanese businesses keen on Hai Phong's economic growth
- Hanoi approves the development plan of industrial cluster
US looks to further boost comprehensive partnership with Hanoi: Ambassador
F1 race could take place in Hanoi this November
Trees embellish and refreshen Hanoi
Japan thanks Vietnam for accommodating warship plane
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget