Fashion show to honor Vietnamese Ao dai
The event is part of the national campaign entitled “Ao dai – a Vietnamese Heritage” launched by the Vietnam Women's Union Central Committee to honor the beauty of Vietnamese woman in their traditional costume.
A fashion show featuring Vietnamese traditional Ao dai titled “Our Ao Dai” will take place on the evening of April 9 at the Temple of Literature - Quoc Tu Giam, Hanoi.
|Some samples of Ao dai outfits are introduced at a press conference took place on March 6. Photo: VNA|
The event will feature more than 600 Ao dai outfits from 15 collections by Vietnamese designers, including Minh Hanh, Ngoc Han, Lan Huong, Chu La and Trinh Bich Thuy. More than 400 models who are actresses, beauty queens, amateur models, especially the ladies of the ambassadors of Italy, India and Laos will walk the runway dressed in Ao dai.
On this occasion, 15 sets of Ao dai will be donated to the Vietnam Women's Museum by the designers.
Traditional Ao dai is an important cultural heritage associated with the beauty of Vietnamese women. Through the event, the organizing board wishes to honor the traditional attire, which will be included in the list of cultural heritage at national level, with the prospect of being nominated as the Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
It is also aimed at preserving and promoting Vietnam’s traditional values and the beauty and grace of the Ao dai, a symbol of feminine beauty in Vietnam as well as raising awareness of preserving and protecting the Vietnamese Ao dai among the community.
The event is part of the campaign titled “Ao dai - a Vietnamese Heritage” that is launched by Vietnam Women's Union Central Committee.
- Some 350,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to be administered for Hanoi residents
- Vietnam Stock Exchange set to have registered capital of US$130 million
- Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
- First smart electric bus underway in Hanoi
- New US Embassy headquarter in Hanoi - a symbol of bilateral relation
- Hanoi pushes work on US$600-million Lotte Mall project: Mayor
- Fashion show to honor Vietnamese Ao dai
- Hanoi to raise $1 billion from auctioning land use rights at 446 projects
- Six major tasks await newly-appointed Hanoi Party Chief
- Hanoi to host gastronomy and tourism festival this month
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors