Hanoi awards quarter million USD to meritorious SEA Games 30 coaches and athletes
The Hanoitimes - The number of athletes from Hanoi accounted for 24.65% of the Vietnam delegation and contributed 87 medals to the total results.
Hanoi has recently held a ceremony to praise coaches and athletes from Hanoi who achieved excellent results at the recently-concluded SEA Games 30 in the Philippines.
|Hanoi leaders grant the awards for the city's meritorious coaches and athletes.|
Accordingly, the coaches and athletes were awarded a total amount of cash prizes worth VND6.2 billion (US$267,500).
The Hanoi athletes forming the national delegation competed in 31 sports in SEA Games with the spirit of unity and great determination to help Vietnam collect as many as 288 medals.
The number of athletes from Hanoi accounted for 24.65% of the Vietnam delegation and contributed 87 medals to the final medal tally, the highest number earned by a locality nationwide, including 34 gold, 27 silver and 26 bronze medals, Director of the Hanoi Department of Sport and Culture To Van Dong said.
On behalf of the Hanoi sports delegation, player Pham Hai Yen from the Women Football team thanked the Hanoi sports authorities and pledged to continue training hard to promote the position of Vietnam in the world’s sports rankings.
Hanoi is focusing on building resources for high-performance sports to compete in regional, continental and world competitions.
The city is planning for the hosting of two significant sporting events including SEA Games and Para games and relevant sideline activities in 2021.
- Vietnam PM requests thorough studies for night economy development
- Hanoi must set an example in all aspects: Party chief
- Minister of Science and Technology named Deputy Party Chief of Hanoi
- Hanoi official urges speedier progress of key environmental projects
- Cost of two-week quarantine in Hanoi hotels averages US$728
- Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
- Japan company proposes turning Hanoi’s polluted river into sightseeing landscape
- Storm Noul would cause heavy rain in Hanoi’s downtown
- Hanoi to set up 5 task forces to accelerate disbursement of public funds
- Exports of Hanoi key industrial products hit US$1 billion in 2018 – 2020
Vietnam advances greatly in gender equality, but remains far from full equality: UN Women
Drastic measures needed to realize disbursement target of public funds
Vietnam PM requests thorough studies for night economy development
Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread