Hanoi awards quarter million USD to meritorious SEA Games 30 coaches and athletes
The Hanoitimes - The number of athletes from Hanoi accounted for 24.65% of the Vietnam delegation and contributed 87 medals to the total results.
Hanoi has recently held a ceremony to praise coaches and athletes from Hanoi who achieved excellent results at the recently-concluded SEA Games 30 in the Philippines.
|Hanoi leaders grant the awards for the city's meritorious coaches and athletes.|
Accordingly, the coaches and athletes were awarded a total amount of cash prizes worth VND6.2 billion (US$267,500).
The Hanoi athletes forming the national delegation competed in 31 sports in SEA Games with the spirit of unity and great determination to help Vietnam collect as many as 288 medals.
The number of athletes from Hanoi accounted for 24.65% of the Vietnam delegation and contributed 87 medals to the final medal tally, the highest number earned by a locality nationwide, including 34 gold, 27 silver and 26 bronze medals, Director of the Hanoi Department of Sport and Culture To Van Dong said.
On behalf of the Hanoi sports delegation, player Pham Hai Yen from the Women Football team thanked the Hanoi sports authorities and pledged to continue training hard to promote the position of Vietnam in the world’s sports rankings.
Hanoi is focusing on building resources for high-performance sports to compete in regional, continental and world competitions.
The city is planning for the hosting of two significant sporting events including SEA Games and Para games and relevant sideline activities in 2021.
- Hanoi guides strict rules on quarantine of foreigners
- Hanoi Party chief lauds apparel maker's adaptability in mitigating Covid-19
- Hanoi mayor urges implementation of measures to support businesses, citizens
- Hanoi puts village of 11,000 people on lockdown over coronavirus
- Hanoi allocates US$28 million in trust fund for vulnerable people, businesses
- Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
- Hanoians help the poors overcome Covid-19 pandemic
- Kinh te & Do thi newspaper calls for support for health workers in Covid-19 fight
- How Hanoi penalizes offenders of Covid-19 pandemic prevention rules?
- Hanoi has legal basis to fine people going out unnecessarily: Mayor
Hanoi Party chief lauds apparel maker's adaptability in mitigating Covid-19
Hanoi guides strict rules on quarantine of foreigners
Covid-19 hurts 90% of European businesses in Vietnam: Survey
Hanoi mayor urges implementation of measures to support businesses, citizens
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing