Vietnam bags record high of gold medals at SEA Games competition
The Hanoitimes - At SEA Games 30, the Vietnam delegation has collected a total of 98 gold medals, 85 silver, and 104 bronze medals and retained its second position in the medal rankings.
After winning against Indonesia 2-0 in the Beach Handball this morning [December 11], the last competition in SEA Games 2019, Vietnam earned the 98 gold medals, ranking second in the medal tally, after the Philippines, the host country.
This is the biggest number of gold medals Vietnam has won since its participation in the regional games three decades ago, enabling it to overtake Thailand to take the second spot in the medal tally.
|Vietnamese swimmer Nguyen Thi Anh Vien (middle) receives the gold medal in an event at SEA Games 2019.|
At SEA Games 30, the Vietnam delegation has collected a total of 98 gold medals, 85 silver, and 104 bronze medals.
The Philippines takes the leading position in the standings with 149 gold medals, 117 silver, and 11 bronze medals. Despite its efforts to chase Vietnam, Thailand finished the games in the third place with 92 gold medals, 102 and 122 silver and bronze medals.
Vietnamese swimmer Nguyen Thi Anh Vien and Singapore’s Zheng Wen are the two best athletes when they both bagged six gold medals and two silver medals.
- Vietnamese users like variety in content on Youtube
- Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
Vietnam advances greatly in gender equality, but remains far from full equality: UN Women
Drastic measures needed to realize disbursement target of public funds
Vietnam PM requests thorough studies for night economy development
Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread