Vietnam bags record high of gold medals at SEA Games competition
The Hanoitimes - At SEA Games 30, the Vietnam delegation has collected a total of 98 gold medals, 85 silver, and 104 bronze medals and retained its second position in the medal rankings.
After winning against Indonesia 2-0 in the Beach Handball this morning [December 11], the last competition in SEA Games 2019, Vietnam earned the 98 gold medals, ranking second in the medal tally, after the Philippines, the host country.
This is the biggest number of gold medals Vietnam has won since its participation in the regional games three decades ago, enabling it to overtake Thailand to take the second spot in the medal tally.
|Vietnamese swimmer Nguyen Thi Anh Vien (middle) receives the gold medal in an event at SEA Games 2019.|
At SEA Games 30, the Vietnam delegation has collected a total of 98 gold medals, 85 silver, and 104 bronze medals.
The Philippines takes the leading position in the standings with 149 gold medals, 117 silver, and 11 bronze medals. Despite its efforts to chase Vietnam, Thailand finished the games in the third place with 92 gold medals, 102 and 122 silver and bronze medals.
Vietnamese swimmer Nguyen Thi Anh Vien and Singapore’s Zheng Wen are the two best athletes when they both bagged six gold medals and two silver medals.
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
- Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
- Ample activity agenda to celebrate upcoming Tet in Hanoi
- Four coffee shops with enchanting view for photography lovers in Hanoi
- Three countdown parties will be held downtown Hanoi to welcome 2020
- Fantastic “Hong Kong Alley” in hub of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
Vietnam sets up task force to handle deadly Wuhan coronavirus
Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
Vietnam stands by China in coping with nCoV: PM
Vietnamese aviation market experiences competition rage
Hanoi strives to plant 200,000-250,000 new trees
Wuhan coronavirus could negatively affect Vietnam's economy: Fitch
Tet in a Hanoi family: Out with the old, in with the new
Mexican Ambassador to Vietnam: Our peoples share basic values
Hanoi streets decorated stunningly for Lunar New Year festival 2020