Hanoi mayor warns locals of high contagion risk in community
The Hanoitimes - Mayor Nguyen Duc Chung said the city has a large number of yet-to-be-detected Covid-19 patients.
There remain around 20 people infected with the new coronavirus in Hanoi who have not been detected yet, posing a high risk threat of community transmission, Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee made warned at a Wednesday meeting.
|Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee chairs a meeting. Photo: VOV|
The chairman attributed the figure to the common estimation of infection and healthy people ratio (1: 2.4 persons). It is based on scientific calculation.
“By mentioning the number I want to warn people of the risk of transmission so that they would have protective measures themselves,” Chung said, taking special focus on staying home.
For that reason, the city’s leader reiterated the importance of staying home and practicing social distancing.
He said that Hanoi has taken samples of 938 foreigners and found four positive with the virus. Meanwhile, the city has identified 3,082 foreign entrants into the country before an entry ban was in place.
Hanoi has also built a scenario of having more than 1,000 infected cases to make corresponding preparations.
Referring to the infection among medical staff in the city, the chairman warned that there would be dozens of doctors and nurses infected with the virus if they are not equipped with good conditions. He asked medical staff who participate in the checkups and treatment of Covid-19 patients to stay at certain zones with good facilities.
- Hanoi reveals design of new bridge crossing Red river
- Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
- Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
- Hanoi's face mask donation arrives in New York
- Hanoi keep striving to balance sex ratio at birth
- Hanoi replicates creative methods to combat plastic waste
- Hanoi seeks to restart zoning plan for Red river
- Hanoi targets hi-tech farming to make up 70% of total agricultural production value
- Hanoi bans raising cattle and poultry in urban areas
- Hanoi to intensify tourism promotion on internet, foreign TV channels
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget