Hanoi mayor warns locals of high contagion risk in community
The Hanoitimes - Mayor Nguyen Duc Chung said the city has a large number of yet-to-be-detected Covid-19 patients.
There remain around 20 people infected with the new coronavirus in Hanoi who have not been detected yet, posing a high risk threat of community transmission, Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee made warned at a Wednesday meeting.
|Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee chairs a meeting. Photo: VOV|
The chairman attributed the figure to the common estimation of infection and healthy people ratio (1: 2.4 persons). It is based on scientific calculation.
“By mentioning the number I want to warn people of the risk of transmission so that they would have protective measures themselves,” Chung said, taking special focus on staying home.
For that reason, the city’s leader reiterated the importance of staying home and practicing social distancing.
He said that Hanoi has taken samples of 938 foreigners and found four positive with the virus. Meanwhile, the city has identified 3,082 foreign entrants into the country before an entry ban was in place.
Hanoi has also built a scenario of having more than 1,000 infected cases to make corresponding preparations.
Referring to the infection among medical staff in the city, the chairman warned that there would be dozens of doctors and nurses infected with the virus if they are not equipped with good conditions. He asked medical staff who participate in the checkups and treatment of Covid-19 patients to stay at certain zones with good facilities.
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
- Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
- Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
- "For the Capital’s Traffic Safety 2020" contest launched in Hanoi
- 90 Hanoi handicrafts win product design contest 2020
- Vietnam’s top leader calls for support for flood victims in central region
- First train of Hanoi’s second metro line arrives in Vietnam
VEPR revises down Vietnam's 2020 GDP growth forecast to 2.8%
Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam