Hanoi isolates 716 people to prevent Covid-19 spread
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s health sector coordinated with the city police to isolate 28 people returning from China at the Police Hospital.
Hanoi has not recorded anyone infected with nCoV and isolated 716 people to monitor their health as of February 13, VnExpress reported.
A representative of the Hanoi Department of Health said that 58 people suspected of nCoV infection have been watched at hospitals, of them, seven returned from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic outbreak.
|Area for isolating Covid-19-suspected people. Photo: Nhu Quynh|
Besides, 47 cases are returnees from other parts of China and four people are working at Noi Bai International Airport.
So far, 55 people who have tested negative with nCoV have been discharged from hospital. Three others waiting for test results are being quarantined.
Meanwhile, 326 people who made contact with the infected people have been required to stay in quarantine at home. Currently, 296 people have finished their medical supervision and have been released, 30 others have been asked to be kept under close watch.
Hanoi’s health sector coordinated with the local police to isolate 28 people returning from China at the Police Hospital. None of them traveled across the Chinese province of Hubei.
Up to 1,601 cases traveling from or through epidemic-hit areas have undergone medical supervision. Currently, 946 people have been released, 655 others continue to be isolated for health monitoring.
According to the municipal Department of Health, up to now, Hanoi has not recorded any cases positive with nCoV, but there is still a risk of infection from people returning from the epidemic-stricken areas, including the possibility of an outbreak citywide.
The Department of Health keeps closely monitoring passengers at Noi Bai International Airport to detect suspected cases on time.
As of February 13, Vietnam has reported 16 cases of nCoV infection, of them, seven have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
- Hanoi starts coronavirus testing for 11,000 people in village under lockdown
- Hanoi saves US$558 million by streamlining administrative apparatus
- Hanoi targets economic growth 1.3 ppts above national average
- Hanoi press outlets urged to be more creative to promote city's developments
- Hanoi plans to attract investment in IT and telecoms infrastructure development
- More than 15,000 people linked to Hanoi hospital test negative for Covid-19
- Hanoi Party chief considers public investment second priority after Covid-19 fight
- Hanoi guides strict rules on quarantine of foreigners
- Hanoi Party chief lauds apparel maker's adaptability in mitigating Covid-19
- Hanoi mayor urges implementation of measures to support businesses, citizens
Strong measures required to avoid economic collapse: Vietnam PM
Pentagon joins chorus of protest at China’s sinking of Vietnam fishing vessel
Hanoi targets economic growth 1.3 ppts above national average
April 10: 16 more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, 2 cases confirmed
Hanoi saves US$558 million by streamlining administrative apparatus
US election: One out, one in
Vietnam rolls out fiscal relief package
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period